Holiday Inn Helsinki City Centre
  • Restaurant
Arthur Hotel(Helsinki)
Hotelli Finn(Helsinki)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfinnair busrailway stationcity centregreat locationexecutive roomst petersburgairport stopswithin walking distancethe hotel is cleanshort walkhotel breakfastbeds were comfortablebusiness hotelnice breakfastbusiness tripmini barmarket square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The hotel is in the perfect location, right next to the main train and bus station and right in the city centre.

The hotel is ok, service not amazing and the wifi doesn't work!

Rooms are clean but pretty basic.

Would stay here again but only because of the location!

• Stayed: August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Helsinki City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Sarah T,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. I am pleased you liked the location. I also appreciate that you noticed the cleanliness of the room. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered over the unsatisfactory service you received. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Probably the best hotel we stayed at on our Scandinavian tour. Location very central and about 50 metres from airport bus stop as well as train station. McDonalds nearby as well as cafes in the station. Room very comfortable. Very helpful staff who arranged use of a shower after our checkout before our late night flight.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in the middle of August. I would have given this hotel an excellent rating, had it not been for the lack of ventilation in the room. It was not at all warm at night, but you cannot open the windows in the room. There is a temperature control on the wall, but it is only cosmetic. They told me at the front desk that the windows could not be opened " for security reasons ". So, the room temperature remained at a very stuffy 75 - 76 degree temperature - too warm for a good nights sleep. My complaints led to maintenance putting a fan in our room, but this just blew a lot of hot air around.

Shame, because the hotel had so many positives. The buffet breakfast was huge, and had something for everyone. And the selection of local breads at the breakfast buffet was wonderful. The location was convenient to everything - adjacent to the main train station.

The room was clean, and had a tub in the bathroom. They had English language programs on the flat screen TV. Even the local stations showed English language shows. When I turned on the TV, I was able to catch an episode of "Foyle's War " which I had missed - with Finnish subtitles.

As a Priority Club member, I was given a free English language newspaper - the Financial Times - every morning. The bed was comfortable, and I would have slept well, had I been able to breathe more comfortably. There were separate saunas for men and women on the second floor - did not check them out. There was also a business center just off the main lobby. The hotel claims to be fully air conditioned, but all I wanted was to have some of the cool outside air circulating in our room at night. WiFi was spotty.

I might stay here again, if I return to Helsinki in the winter.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Helsinki City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear CJIMI,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed most of the products and services that we have to offer.

Whilst I am pleased with the kind comments, I am truly sorry for the poor ventilation and air conditioning system. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience and dissatisfaction this has caused you. We endeavor to meet all guests’ expectations at all times and regret that we failed on this instance.

Your feedback is indeed of utmost importance to us and rest assured that actions will be taken to ensure our guests continue to enjoy superlative levels of service and comfort that they expect when staying at our hotel. Your review will be used to consider improvements where possible. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Dhan M

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed here after Christmas 2012 (around the 28th). The hotel was right in the centre and just by the main train station. We walked with our bags! We had breakfast with the rate and there was a good selection. We did not have tea/coffee facilities in the rooms but there had a café in the reception area. The hotel served its purpose so no complaints. Wouldn't mind staying there again as it was just for one night on our way home - we had spent our holidays in St Petersburg and Tallinn.

Room Tip: Just ask for a room facing the station! The higher the floor the better.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Helsinki City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Veronika78,

Krysllin G.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Last time I was in Helsinki, I stayed in a suite in the Crowne Plaza, about 1 km further out of town.

This time, my room in the Holiday Inn was more comfortable that the CP suite! And the hotel is in a great location between the bus station and the railway station (even with double glazing it's better to bring earplugs).

So, there's a McDonalds across the road - convenient for breakfast. And Stockmann's , with its excellent delicatessen in the basement, is 500 metres away in the city centre.

Most Finnish hotels are a little sterile but this one was really quite well appointed - two chairs and a table with a plant on it; pictures on the walls, plenty of hanging space. Be aware - I had an executive room.

Staff were a little jaded which didn't give a good impression. But it was functional. Coffee to go in the lobby.

Room Tip: I suspect that the bus station side is better.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business