Spis looks and feels more like of the modern bistros:
- modern but a bit rustic look - no tablecloths, all the chairs are slightly different, rough look on the walls and floors
- friendly service (and they know their foods & wines)
- short menu (2 starters, 3 mains, 2 desserts)
However the food is much more ambitious, basically fine dining quality:
- very fresh, local ingredients (we had a lot of different herbs in most of the dishes)
- a lot of components in all the dishes
- exiting combinations and preparations
The combination worked really well. If I need to look for some negatives they would be:
- A bit pricy when it comes to food (49 euros for 4 courses)
- Fairly short and safe wine list
All in all I would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting Helsinki or locals looking for some modern Nordic cuisine. Note that it's a tiny place (18 seats) so be sure to make your reservation early enough!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.