“Beautiful Cathedral”

Uspenskin Cathedral (Uspenskin Katedraali)
Book In Advance
$47.82*
Helsinki Music Walking Tour
$77.70*
Private Guided Helsinki City Tour
$115.00*
and up
Shore Excursion: Helsinki Panoramic Bus Tour with Seurasaari Open-Air Museum...
Ranked #6 of 288 things to do in Helsinki
San Francisco, California
“Beautiful Cathedral”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

This orthodox cathedral is so beautiful inside. There are quite nice views from the outdoors as it is located on a small hill.

Visited August 2014

• Turkish first
Tashkent, Uzbekistan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“very flawless, i cannot review a cathedral, it is jaw dropping, stunning, it is everlasting”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I loved it, it is sooooo beautiful. The area around was quite, not overcrowded place, but gorgeous. I could not take my eyes off the cathedral and cannot express it in words.

Georgia
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Didn't get to see the inside”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

It's pretty, good for photos, but it was locked the day we were there so I was very disappointed we didn't get to see the inside. It's a bit of an uphill hike to get there, but not a big deal. I was hoping for great views once there, but wasn't too impressed.

Visited June 2014
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Superb”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

A wonderful cathedral, up many steps, and it's worth attending a service. The choir is small but excellent and services are very heartfelt and moving.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
133 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“My compass!”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Due to the size of the church, it acted as my compass when I was wandering around Helsinki. I could see it from almost anywhere around the city center.
I've been to a similar one in Tampere and I thought there was nothing special inside so I didn't come in; however, looking at all the photos taken inside now, I really regret not dragging my lazy butt up there to get inside the church. Well, next time then!!!
Just cannot miss this one!