“Beautiful Cathedral” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Uspenskin Cathedral (Uspenskin Katedraali)

Uspenskin Cathedral (Uspenskin Katedraali)
Book In Advance
$74.15*
and up
Private Guided Helsinki City Tour
Ranked #5 of 272 things to do in Helsinki
San Francisco, California
“Beautiful Cathedral”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This orthodox cathedral is so beautiful inside. There are quite nice views from the outdoors as it is located on a small hill.

Visited August 2014

• Turkish first
Tashkent, Uzbekistan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“very flawless, i cannot review a cathedral, it is jaw dropping, stunning, it is everlasting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I loved it, it is sooooo beautiful. The area around was quite, not overcrowded place, but gorgeous. I could not take my eyes off the cathedral and cannot express it in words.

Georgia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Didn't get to see the inside”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

It's pretty, good for photos, but it was locked the day we were there so I was very disappointed we didn't get to see the inside. It's a bit of an uphill hike to get there, but not a big deal. I was hoping for great views once there, but wasn't too impressed.

Visited June 2014
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

A wonderful cathedral, up many steps, and it's worth attending a service. The choir is small but excellent and services are very heartfelt and moving.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
118 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“My compass!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Due to the size of the church, it acted as my compass when I was wandering around Helsinki. I could see it from almost anywhere around the city center.
I've been to a similar one in Tampere and I thought there was nothing special inside so I didn't come in; however, looking at all the photos taken inside now, I really regret not dragging my lazy butt up there to get inside the church. Well, next time then!!!
Just cannot miss this one!