“A great spot for books, architecture, coffee”

Academic Bookstore (Akateeminen Kirjakauppa)
Ranked #6 of 101 Shopping in Helsinki
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This multi-story bookstore is amazing. Better selection of English-language books that most bookstores in the U.S. Great for browsing; nice café as well, in a historic building on the Esplanade.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

This place is a better bookshop for English speakers than WH Smith!

There's so much to see and do in Helsinki that it seems odd to recommend a bookshop, but this is a "must see" and "must visit"!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

An excellent bookshop, which I visit every time I am in Helsinki. I always emerge with something never seen before, and it gets difficult if I make multiple trips due to the baggage allowance. Of course, I don't understand a word of the books in Finnish....

Reviewed March 4, 2013

My son requested me to find a certain book of Finland's culture and my hotel suggested me to go to Academic Bookstore. Well this place except its beauty it is not compared to anything with its variety of books. I am glad that i found the book for my son's project in his school. Also the coffee shop inside is just great. Thumbs up!!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I was looking for a book on Finland's history in English. Found many and was surprised by the great selection of English literature.