“Excellent Food & Service”
Review of Kolo Restaurant - CLOSED

Kolo Restaurant
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Bonn, Germany
“Excellent Food & Service”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Such a lovely little cozy place with wonderful food and the best service I've probably ever experienced. From the moment we walked in we were welcomed by Chef Rony himself who read us the menu in English and catered the dishes to our taste. I can't say enough about the service he and his staff provided. Rony's passion for his food and what he does is quite obvious as he entertained us throughout our meal telling us about the food, the ingredients, and even giving us tips about the city. And the food was heaven. It's not the cheapest place, but well worth the splurge.

• Visited February 2013

“Food disappointed”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Our expectations were high. We visited the restaurant earlier and thought it was the best in Helsinki. This time the ambience and the service was tops, but the food was not up to the usual standard. Our grilled tuna starter was very salt and my wifes main course - a grilled white fish was under cooked. However, the desert was very good. The under cooked fish was deducted from the bill. Wine is now served by the glass to complement the food. Very fine, but the bill gets out of control.
Rony, shape up!

1 Thank Torben V
“Wonderful dinner”
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Checking out their website I expected a reasonable good restaurant, but already the first amuse-bouche was a delicious heart opening experience and a wonderful overture to a delicious evening that made me dream. The starter and the main course were wonderfully rich in tastes and each ingredient perfectly prepared to get the best of their taste, for my capacities the overall composition was a little too complex though: each bite a new combination of tastes. In between each course came a simple and tasteful amuse-bouche to balance these complexities. And then a dessert that reflected the finesse, the inventive richness and tastefulness of all that had come first.
Looking forward to repeat this experience.

Vancouver, Canada
“Wonderful restauarant”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Went there for a business dinner and i can't say enough about the great service and the great food they have there. This place is also ideal if you search for vegetarian food as it has a LOT of options to choose!!! Really value for money!!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Ellis_Martha
Helsinki, Finland
“An intimate experience”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our birthdays here (again) and we were (again) pampered by the host Rony by his attentiveness as well as the delightful food and wines:

1. main course: tender moose
2. wine: exquisite dessert wine

Note: I would have continued raving about this restaurant if not for my husband's insistence that I should stop. So, it is best for you to experience it yourself.

• Visited October 2012