“May 2013”
Review of Hotelli Finn

Hotelli Finn
Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Helsinki
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I good hotel to stay in the city centre. Small but modern and clean rooms with good facilities for a 2* hotel. Frendly stuff is available from morning to night. A great location in walking distance from almost every point of interest in Helsinki.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotelli Finn

Reviewed May 9, 2013

So given the price, I was a bit worried about staying here, even though it was only for 1 night, but it turned out to be alright. I had written ahead, to say my ferry would arrive at 10 am, and could I store my luggage till check-in, but they worked to get a room ready by 10. But it had everything I needed. Small but stylish room and shower room, (I do miss having a bath). The hotel is on two floors, and there are other tenents that share the building. It's well located, and I would have walked to the train station, except for the blasted cobblestones . . . Guess that's what makes it quaint.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had booked the large room for our group of five, but when we arrived they said something in the room was being repaired and asked if we would mind being in two different rooms for the same price. Fine by us, we had only requested that room because it was cheaper than two separate rooms. Wifi was spotty in our room, but not a huge problem and our friends didn't have any problems with it. Other than that the room was clean and had everything we needed. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly and complimentary loose tea was available in the lobby...they even had a caffeine-free option :) We wanted to try some local food for dinner, including reindeer, but restaurants were surprisingly very busy for a Thursday night so we settled for a little pizza place that only served pizza, beer and wine (maybe mixed drinks too). Next time I definitely want to try the reindeer! Our group also enjoyed exploring the Stockman (department store similar to, but larger than Macys) across the street from the hotel, including the whole floor dedicated to food, pastry, ice cream and candy haha.This was our first night after our transatlantic flight so we went to bed rather early and didn't have any problems with noise as other people had mentioned in reviews. In fact I didn't hear a thing. We awoke early as we had another, early flight in the morning and just left our room keys on the front desk. We walked a short distance to the train station and caught a bus to the airport, which was convenient and very reasonably priced (approx 7 euro per person) and they only make one stop in the morning on the way to the airport so it doesn't take too long either.

Other random things:
*The only Finnish word we learned was "kittos" (like the ending of mos"quitos") taught to us by our bus driver, but everyone also speaks english, in our experience.
*Interesting elevator in the hotel...very small and no interior door...you'll see, just don't lean anything against the door
*3.4mL liquids - this is the only airport where I have EVER had security actually read the labels on items in your one quart zip-lock bag and they took my 4mL face wash :(

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pointgiven71
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Me and my wife stayed at this hotel for one night. The rooms are small but basically just big enough. The hotel is situated in an old building in the center of the city, on the fifth and sixth floors. The rooms have obviously been renovated recently and are in good conditions. Some minor details lower the rating from Very Good to Average, for instance, breakfast is not included but can be purchased at a discount in a nearby restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2013

It is very well located in the city center and walking distance everywhere, friendly staff and clean and well degined room.
small rooms and bathroom shall be easly ignored.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Possibly the best deal in Helsinki for a hotel room. Hotel on the top floor of a building, rooms small but not too small, bathroom and showers new, heated floor in bathroom a nice touch. Breakfast served in Restaurant Killa (name not a description of what might happen) a few doors away and costs EUR 5.00. Good free wlan.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This small hotel is excellently located near station and shops. I'm surprised to read the negative reviews as I was very happy. Yes, the room was small, but had all facilities, inc free wi-fi. The room was very well presented, and the staff were very helpful. One warning (not a complaint) is that the reception is not open 24 hours - if you are arriving late (as I did) let them know, and they'll give you access codes.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo