Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Excellent steam and good atmosphere

Sauna Arla is one of those places where you can get the peace of mind and enjoy the cool vibes of... read more

Reviewed November 25, 2021
Sightseer29219993659
Helsinki, Finland
The atmosphere at Sauna Arla.

Sauna Arla is definitely one of the best and oldest public sauna here in the uusimaa capital region... read more

Reviewed June 4, 2021
Sightseer29219993659
Helsinki, Finland

Recommended experiences in and around Helsinki
from $158.06
from $31.82
from $50.92
from $34.83
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Sort and selected filters
Sort Filter
Reviewed May 4, 2015

Spent a really lovely afternoon with my sister here. The sauna was excellent, and very kind helpful attendants when we got there. Separate saunas for men and women, shampoo and body wash, even some cherry tomatoes on a table in the locker room.

It was an excellent afternoon after a cold morning walking around the city.

Date of experience: April 2015
1  Thank Clara G
arla-sauna, Guest Relations Manager at Sauna Arla, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2020

Dear Clara G
Thank you so much for your review and for sharing the experience with the TripAdvisor community!
We are delighted that you have enjoyed your visit with your sister to our sauna and that our staff was able to provide a good service.

You can follow us on social media @arlansauna for special events such as wellness day.

Reviewed January 4, 2015

First of all this is not a spa! And in my humble opinion it's not a common Finnish sauna. This is an old Finnish cellar sauna. It's pretty rugged but if you like Aki Kaurismäki feeling, you are in the right place! Pretty similar to Harju's sauna. Expensive. Consider also Yrjönkadun uimahalli.

Date of experience: January 2015
arla-sauna, Guest Relations Manager at Sauna Arla, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2020

Dear Edelfelt

Thank you for taking time to review your visit to sauna Arla and sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community, indeed sauna Arla takes pride of being one the very few traditional public saunas operating in Helsinki.

Welcome to Arla again!

You can follow us on social media @arlansauna

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I enjoyed my visit to this Sauna. As others have said, it's a bit older, but is clean and it has character. It was intimidating walking through the gate, but the attendent immediately realized I was a foreigner who didn't speak a word of Finnish, and guided me to the change room and showed me the Sauna area.

Very hot, very enjoyable Sauna. There were some birch switches sitting in pails of water, and dumping the birch "tea" into the Sauna produced an extreme burst of heat but also produced a lovely mild aroma. It would have been nice to have one of the little sauna caps to protect the tips of my ears from being seared off during the steam bursts.

The atmosphere is very pleasant - more hot and dry than steam room, but more humid than a dry sauna. I could spend about 5-10 minutes in the Sauna, then went into the shower area to cool off, and returned to the Sauna five or six times until I couldn't take anymore.

If you were more brave than me, you could wander down to the central courtyard and drink beer wearing only your towel...I wondered what the apartment dwellers in the complex think of the semi-naked people wandering around with their beers. The windows of the change room were also wide open, so the lady cooking dinner in her kitchen across the complex had a view of a bunch of ugly naked guys reading newspapers in the change room.

There were about 15 male guests when I visited, so the room was crowded. Two of us appeared to be foreigners and the rest appeared to be rather rough looking Fins. They turned out to be friendly enough when the other foreigner slipped and fell and everyone came to his assistance, and the ice was broken so to speak.

The sauna is a bit out of the way, but accessible by tram. I took a taxi from downtown because I had limited time, then returned downtown by tram. There's not much else to see in the area, although I did have a good meal in a nearby restaurant.

Date of experience: May 2013
10  Thank golfsteve55

Dear golfsteve55

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review on your visit to our traditional sauna!
We are very glad to learn that you had a great time and that all our staff and facilities were of your liking and entire satisfaction.
We hope to have the honor of welcoming you back very soon.

You can follow us at @arlansauna

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Builded at the ground floor of normal building my sister and I weren't sure of the place but once in the kind and welcome staff explained how it worked.
Very traditionally, not to be called old, men and women are separate but can be met in the front outside-yard for a chilling, while drinking a beer or...

5  Thank Diego C

Dear Diego C

We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your visit to our traditional sauna and that our staff was able to meet your expectations.
Thank you for choosing Arla sauna and we hope to see you again very soon!.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Very traditional Finnish sauna that harks back to simpler times! It has not been renovated like some other saunas in the area and you really get a feel for the real experience here.

Complimentary biscuits and water, space to lounge and drink while putting the world to rights. A very pleasant experience. Good heat and good steams!

Date of experience: May 2013
2  Thank Bigmedsi

Thank you for taking time to review your visit to sauna Arla, we are very glad you enjoyed your visit.
Welcome to Arla again!)
You can follow us on social media @arlansauna.