“Good hotel 4 km from Helsinki city center”

Original Sokos Hotel Pasila
Ranked #40 of 66 Hotels in Helsinki
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Generally an average and clean hotel with good connections to the city center. It is located in a quiet area just 200 meter walks from Pasila railway station, which is near Helsinki exhibition & convention centre and Hartwall arena, and about 4 km from the center of Helsinki. You can reach everywhere easily with bus, train or tram. Tram 7B to the city centre stop in front of hotel.
Cosy rooms, good service and a very rich and good breakfast. Good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
PetraRissanen, Guest Relations Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Pasila, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you so much for taking your time to write this review. We hope to see you as our guest in a near future again.

There are newer reviews for Original Sokos Hotel Pasila

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have stayed here a lot in the last couple of months as I am in Helsinki on business.
Generally a nice hotel, in a good location, with friendly staff, free wifi is good, couple of things let the place down:

the bathrooms in some rooms are a bit tired, and could do with some work to make them look new;

the restaurant service can be very slow (friendly, but slow);

the selection at breakfast is disappointing;

a couple of times my room has been forgotten and has not been cleaned during the day - the first time I complained, the second time I just lived with it;

finally and most recently (today), when I asked for a kettle for my room, as I needed boiling water (I didn't want any coffee or tea, just hot water) I was told it would be 20euro a night, as that was only given to superior rooms - when I said that was a bit expensive simply for the use of a kettle I was told I could get hot drinks from the bar - and no amount of explaining could get across the idea that I didn't want a hot drink, just hot water (I'm going out to buy a kettle tomorrow for my room).

I would add that I was once upgraded to a superior room and the only difference I could see between a superior room and a normal room is the presence of a kettle and a trouser press... the rooms are exactly the same otherwise.

Sort out the bathrooms, the cleaning, and the kettles and I would give this hotel a 4 out of 5.

Room Tip: Don't bother booking a superior room unless you must have a kettle and a trouser press
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights at Sokos Hotel Pasila on a busness trip. We were pleased with our room, plenty of space, very clean and comfortable. The only minus was the absence of a water boiler and instant coffee... Apart from that all was perfect, good breakfast, the restaurant is also good and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is also good, easy to thake the trolley downtown. I can recommend this hotel !

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view... ours was overlooking some pipes and similar...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
PetraRissanen, Guest Relations Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Pasila, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for your time to write this feedback. We hope to see you again in a near future!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was in Helsinki for a business trip couple of nights and choose Sokos Hotel Pasila due its location near railway station. During my stay it was also very easy to take a trolley opposite to the hotel to the city centrum.

My room was clean, spacious and had everything needed. The staff was helpful in the reception. Breakfast was good; very typical what you can expect from Finnish hotels. Albeit the trolley line was opposite the hotel, there was not coming too much noise that interfered my sleep.

Only complaints come from Sevilla restaurant which was pretty crowded during the evening time (around 19). Nevertheless, I found myself a table and after waiting for a while I waived for two different waitress who certainly noticed me, but never come back to serve me. After waiting for some 20 minutes without no service whatsoever I took off, got myself a jacket, and went outside to another restaurant for a dinner.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Newly renovated hotel. Location is not right in a busy center, but is still easily reached. Just a avarage hotel, but I really don´t have much to complain. I heard my noisy neighbor at night but that´s how it is with noisy neighbors at any hotel especially at weekends. Breakfast and cleanliness are the things that makes this hotel worth my "very good" rating.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
PetraRissanen, Guest Relations Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Pasila, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for taking time to write this review. Sorry about the noisy neighbours. Next time please do not hesitate to contact reception about noise, so that we can do our best to calm down the neighbours.
Hopefully we will see you again in a near future!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I had been to this place last month for a business meeting. I found this place better for spending time with family and friends. Location is good, as most of the popular places of the city like Finlandia Hall and National Museum are just few miles away. Bar/lounge and restaurant were available in the hotel. Rooms were neat and clean, services were good, staff is efficient, friendly and great at their work. Laundry facilities were available at cheaper prices. I am planning a party at Sokos Hotel Pasila with my friends and family in the coming month.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
PetraRissanen, Guest Relations Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Pasila, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind feedback regarding the Sokos Hotel Pasila. I hope we can arrange everything you need for a succesful party with your friends and family. Warmly welcome again!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I stayed here for a total of 35 nights. The staff were very friendly and helped me with anything I needed. They were often busy but worked hard and always smiled. The rooms were ok, clean, normal rooms with tv. One night someone had a party and after laying awake for 2 hrs I called the reception which promised to take care of it which they did not.

The breakfast was the standard Sokos hotel breakfast which I don´t like. Very little fresh fruits, ecological products like cheeses, ham etc cannot be found. This was the only thing I found disappointing. Also exactly the same every morning.

The best thing with this hotel was the sauna and gym. Both fresh and nice. Also the location is very good. A nice stroll to the city center along the tölö-lake or the pram which stops outside the hotel.

Parking was good.

Sevilla restaurant was quite bad. I ate almost everything they have on the menu but all was quiet poor. French fries with every dish is not something I expect at a hotelrestaurant. Also service was poor except for one young guy who took care of most of the customers when the older ladies did not do much. So go out for dinner.

After all a very ok hotel with good location if you do not desire to be right in the city center.

Room Tip: I tried almost every level since I had a new room every week. They were all equal. I also had their...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking your time to write this review and thank you very much for your feedback. It is very helpful to hear your opinion of our hotel to improve our service.
We hope to see you as our guest again in the near future!