1,815 results
All reviewssmart roomdesign districtkey cardnice hotelmain buildingart nouveaubigger roomcity centrereception areagreat showercomfort roomcold meatsbed was very comfortablebreakfast is servedporridgemain attractionsbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

It was perfect for what we needed it for. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was wonderful. Can't complain. If we were to stay in Helsinki again, we would book here. Staff were friendly and helpful. It's a lovely hotel for what we needed. Sleep and breakfast.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights before a 38 day adventure through europe, after a long flight from Australia this was exactly what we needed, easy to find and very comfortable in Helsinki's design district, very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank D3037TGRichard_G
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Stayed at this hotel at the beginnng and end of a tour and it was our least favourite hotel. Some things were good: the location was great, quiet but close to the centre, staff were polite and tried to help, breakfast offered a range of food and drinks.
However, I agree with last reviewer's comments about trying to get money for everything. The worse thing for me is that they left a soft toy on one of our beds with a label saying we could have him for 27 Euros. I pity the poor parent having to take that away from a tired toddler - fortunately my son is 18 so coped with the situation! We Ignored all the warm drinks with price tags on them and used the 24 hr supermarket opposite.
As for the rooms, I had an allergic reaction to the feather bedding - not their fault but I had to ask a couple of times before it was changed. The air con didn't work as it wouldn't cool the room and it took several hours for someone to locate a key for the window. The shower cubicle was smoked glass and there were gaps round the doors so not good for privacy. The lighting was subdued and useless for putting make-up on etc. I asked for non-allergenic bedding for our return trip, in person and by e-mail, but the room wasn't ready when we arrived at 4. They said they wanted to ask me about the carpet but they could have done this days earlier or just replied to my e-mail. They gave us a room with an opening window, as requested, but no air con.
We wanted to use one of the six bikes they have for our last morning in Helsinki and they refused to reserve them. I called reception in the morning to request the bikes (as the night reception advised this would be acceptable) but they wanted me to get up and dressed before I could book them - everything felt difficult and not customer friendly. When we got the bikes (for 7 euros a day or part day) they were very nice and Helsinki is a fantastic city to cycle round so we'd recommend this.
As I said before the staff did try and help and when our airport transfer didn't arrive they called a taxi for us. Not enough positives to make us stay there again though. There must be more user-friendly hotels in Helsinki.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Boycee_10
Reviewed July 10, 2014

The look of the hotel was lovely from the outside. The interiors are unique and pleasant to the eyes. Rooms however needed a bit more to toiletries- like toothpaste, and space.
The windows were great, I could open the windows and smell the fresh air. The hotel guarantees you a good nights sleep- they right. The beds are comfortable and the pillows were just right. Reception gives you a selection of pillows.
The toilets are small, but it's typical in Finland. The toilet didn't have a fan extractor so airation didn't work well. There is a mini radiator that I could use to dry some of my small garments. Location is ideal. It is away from the busy streets and there are nearby shops (pharmacy, mini-market tattoo parlours and restaurants) that are within walking distance. Around the corner, there is a flea market too.
The staff were Smiley, beautiful and friendly. However, management could inject more staff. I saw why you couldn't because your reception desk is small. Glo art is a popular hotel- there were lots of people checking in. Having extra staff may benfit.
Breakfast was worth it. I loved the salmon and the homemade jams.
It's a convenient hotel to stay in and enjoy the interior design. It's great to stay for a few days- but not long stays.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

FWIW room size and hotel location are fine! It reminded me of being at some weird place w notes all over telling you when to do things and costs for each thing(that's included other places) short sighted policies in a city where the niceties are included in this price range

It's not the fault of the staff but the mgmt (according to staff) put in place new policies that "nickel and dime" or euro and euro you to deathHotel glo art
Broken(a hole in wall tile) tile in bathroom
18e brekkie plus more € for eggs
18€ for 1 hour use of sauna other place

3e water
5e for use of robe
€ more for high speed internet

Entire place had feel of a room with little notes all over in contrast to other hotels in this region this really had the feel of nickle and Diming you (or euro and euro You)

Sadly I decided it wasn't worth it to spend last few days of a great trip like this
It was
As if a manager owner decided to charge one rate for bed then thought "look at all the money I can make by charging for everything else" €18 for brekkie ? 5€ to use a robe? €18 for a 1hr sauna use at another building??

It leaves you with a bad feeling
Room itself was ok but when I added everything up I actually (for the first time ever booked another hotel in the city where things like those mentioned above were included and forfeited the $ I'd spent on this hotel ! Try the Scandic if you want to feel like your business is appreciated!

coming back at night the area was quiet, though I saw three separate incidents of drunkeness
People vomiting, people relieving selves on street)

Room itself was ok but the experience wasn't good ;
the person at reception was nice and even called a museum to see if it was open.
if you don't want breakfast or other amenities this might b ok, but other hotels in this city are a better choice.

Stayed: July 2014