Stayed at Hotel Glo Art for 6 days - it was a business trip - so the company paid all my expenses.
The Hotel tariff was around 600 Euros for 5 days and this included breakfast too.
The check-in process was easy and I got the access card in less than 5 minutes. The ladies at the reception will greet with you with a smile every time.
I was informed that the room might appear small and I have an option to upgrade to a bigger room by paying extra.
So, the first thing I noticed after opening the door of the room was - it was really small. The room is perhaps bigger than the rooms @ Hotel Rica in Stockholm, but since the Glo Art has a double bed it appears really small.
To get some perspective, the distance between the double bed side where you place your feet and the wall is just enough for you to walk across. But you will still scrape the bed in doing so and that is even if you are very slim in physique.
The good parts:
1. Very good bed which can be raised up using a remote (wow).
2. Laptop pillow which is very useful
3. A safe to keep your valuables.
4. Compact bathroom and toilet
5. Lights in the room (lot of options e.g. under the bed, side table, behind the pillow reading lamps etc.
I had a decent view of the road side 24x7 gym from my window to keep me some company.
6. The Hotel has a castle like building (some student center in the earlier days) and that part is really magnificent. The meeting rooms are also very good and take you back to the olden days.
7. Food: Lot of options for breakfast which is served between 7 and 10 AM. There is nothing missing there. I had lunch on three days and everytime the food was good. For a vegetarian, this is a bonus. 10/10 from my side here as well.
8. Location: This hotel is around 600 m away from Kammpi and perhaps the same distance from Stockmann. Lot of options to eat.
The not so good parts:
1. Real estate is a premium. Although this was a double room, I would not recommend this even for a couple. There is hardly any space to walk or keep your luggage.
For the same money Scandic Continental is much bigger.
2. Very slow Internet connection - wifi in room
256 kbps - in Helsinki city is atrociously slow. They have a 2 Mbps plan too, but they charge around 2 pounds for the same. Also note that wifi coverage is a little poor at the rooms facing the road (towards the 24x7 gym).
3. Nothing worth watching on TV.
Perhaps there are 10-15 channels, out of which there are around 3-4 which are full time English channels (BBC/ CNN/ Discovery/ Travel and maybe a couple more).
Everything else is at extra charge. I kept the TV off for 3 out of my 5 days since there is no movie channel included even at this price.
Disappointed with the offering in the Entertainment section. 20 Euros per 24 hours extra would enable all entertainment channels and movies, but I did not see it worth the money.
The Hotel rooms are as clean as you can expect in Helsinki - perhaps 10/10 on that one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GLO Hotel Art is an exclusive, charming lifestyle hotel built around a century-old Art Nouveau castle in the centre of Helsinki. A unique hotel has excellent meeting facilities. Surrounded by the vivid Design District, you can enjoy lunch in one of the areas cosy cafes, dine in one of the top restaurants in the area or take a stroll to the city center. Whether you are travelling for business or pleasure, you will definitely enjoy your stay here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your GLO Hotel Art reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Linna Hotel Helsinki