Really beautiful hotel in a historic building with a tasteful modern high style interior design. The hotel is in a good location walking distance to restaurants, the west harbor, the antiques flea market, and the design district.
We were not aware the hotel offered the use of bicycles untill the weekend after we stayed the New York Times ran a 36 hours in Helsinki article which mentioned the hotel. It might of been nice if this was mentioned at check in.
The interior design of the room was really stunning, gave me ideas for remodeling at home.
I can thing of two minor downsides to the hotel neither of which seemed major to me but I mention them only in case other people might feel these issues are improtant to them.
1. The hotel has a sauna, but it is 18 euros per hour per person to use it. That seems a bit steep to me since other hotels we stayed in offerred use of the Sauna for free. I doubt the hotel is getting many takers on that and would suggest the management consider repricing the sauna.
2. The hotel combines a historic buidling witha new building which meant a bit of a confusing schlep down dark various corridors to get to ones room. The lights are automated so they turn on after you have entered the corridors which can be disorienting to people not accostomed to this. One has to pass through a number of doors, some of which open automatically and others you have to put your card key in to find your way. We had trouble finding the room at first and I noticed other guests did as well. The front desk staff did not get out from behind the desk to help guests find their way. I would suggest the management train the front desk staff to walk guests to their room one time upon initial check in so that guests feel more comfortable int he hotel and do not have the disorienting experience of getting lost in the dark.
This was not a problem for me, but I have good eyesight. I mention it only as it is an area with room for improvement in an otherwise excellent hotel. Also, if you are interested in contemporary interior design this hotel is not to be missed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GLO Hotel Art is an exclusive, charming lifestyle hotel built around a century-old Art Nouveau castle in the centre of Helsinki. A unique hotel has excellent meeting facilities. Surrounded by the vivid Design District, you can enjoy lunch in one of the areas cosy cafes, dine in one of the top restaurants in the area or take a stroll to the city center. Whether you are travelling for business or pleasure, you will definitely enjoy your stay here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your GLO Hotel Art reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Linna Hotel Helsinki