1,815 results
All reviewssmart roomdesign districtkey cardnice hotelmain buildingart nouveaubigger roomcity centrereception areagreat showercomfort roomcold meatsbed was very comfortablebreakfast is servedporridgemain attractionsbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Pros:
- Just renovated, beautiful, modern rooms with excellent bed. The shower/bathroom complex is really nice.
- Lobby and restaurant service top notch
- Location just nearby city centre
- Quiet and relaxing
- Free wi-fi

Cons:
- Very small room, even though we upgraded from smart level into Glo level. There are basically no tables or wardrobes in the room, so we had no place for out jackets etc. I really can't recommend this hotel for family trips like we had (2+1) due to size of the rooms.
- No sauna.
- It was only 18 degrees Celsius in our room when we arrived, the air conditioning was broken. We got an extra heater into our room, which reseved space from already small room. And it was really noisy and ugly piece of metal. This was compensated in our check, which was great.

Room Tip: Try to get at least into Glo class, smar room must be really really small.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Fijuhmon
Reviewed February 23, 2012

This hotel was a mixed bag for me.

Check-in was very pleasant. Very courteous staff.

To get to the room however, you had to walk through the "castle", through two doors, and then had to cross a street! The street being the road that cars turn into to park in the hotel parking lot. Not a big deal, but the point is at this point you are not in the "castle". You're now in what amounts to a drab university dorm building. This is kind of cheating I think, since they try to sell the whole 'castle' thing.

The elevator wasn't working as the door would try to close but then re-open constantly.

The room was small. The bathroom was not well lit. Worst of all was the ventilation, of which there seemed to be none. This was worsened as I think I may well have been the first guest in this room as everything seemed brand new, but because of that - there was that 'new' wood (sawdust) smell which permeated everywhere. The windows don't open.

The breakfast croissants were good, but that's about it. Eggs cost extra! I've been to plenty of 4 and some 5 star hotels and never found a "free" breakfast to have a fee for something like eggs.

The location is okay. It's suitable for a summer visit I think, but in the winter it was a real pain to walk to our hotel which is about a 20 minute walk from the center. (It'd be 10 minutes in the summer).

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Hotel Glo Art in Helsinki, newly renovated, terrific staff and in close proximity to most places of interest. The rooms: close to soundproof (great for a good nights sleep), very modern and bathroom very modern as well. Bed: can up or down the bed head or bottom with remote control, kind of groovy : ) Comfort of bed was good. Room was on the COMPACT side, some would say small : ) but if you are out all day and just use the room to sleep, it suffices. It was clean. For me personally the only downside in the room: there is no window to open and the air-conditioner was interconnected with all other rooms, so totally not adjustable. I found the room to be much to warm for my comfort. I checked at the reception and they said there is nothing they could do. Shame.
Staff: very friendly and helpful Especially the waitress in the breakfast room, Helena Laävri who was smiling all the time (and I was there at 7am every morning ), was very very friendly and helpful and anticipating ones needs. Breakfast itself: excellent. The breakfast room also, with plenty of tables and chairs and a very pleasant morning ambience. The food was excellent, a variety of fresh bread and fresh croissants, fresh fruit, yoghurts, juices, ham , cheese, freshly made jams (confiture), eggs, cucumber, tomatoes and lettuce , porridge and as if that wasn't enough, you could order separately omellets, scrambled eggs and a variety of other things at an extra cost. LOved the entrance and the hall when you enter the hotel. The little library, well, more like a small TV room on the side of the entrance, was also a nice touch. There were lounge chairs there and one could chill out with a drink at the end of the day. There is also a computer in the entrance where you can print out boarding cards for your flights, it was free of charge to hotels visitors. There is also free WiFi available throughout the hotel. So apart from the 'non opening window rooms', all in all a great stay at this hotel. Would recommend and probably stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I got to Hotel Linna before my husband (he was on a business trip) to check in, but even though I made the reservation, they wouldnt let me check in because it was in his name. I was allowed to wait for him and listen to the lobby construction.
Fast forward to Saturday morning, 8am. We had a bit of a late night out and woke up to construction in the courtyard.
Rooms were clean and comfortable, with adjustable beds. Breakfast was quite standard for Europe, nothing special.
I think that if the hotel is going to continue with their construction, they should offer deeper discounts!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We arrived in Helsinki off the overnight train from Kemi and had no hotel reservations. We went online at the train station and my husband found Hotel Linna which was near city center and had a very reasonable rate. I believe the building was a church originally, in any case it is a nice mix of old and new. Our room was small but very comfortable with flat screen TV. free wifi and a very nice well lit bathroom. The breakfast is quite typical of what you will get a most Scandinavian hotels, full selection of hot items, eggs, sausages and plenty of cheeses, ham, museli, yoghurt, great breads, juices and of course very good coffee. We were not able to get a room there on our most recent trip to Helsinki because it was under renovation but we look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple