I stayed in this hotel alone for work - on my own cost, though. I chose the hotel because of the central location and because I know that Scandic hotels are accessible for a wheelchair user like me.
It was accessible. The location is a bit difficult because there's an uphill from train station to the hotel but I figured out I could go through the shopping centre Kamppi to avoid the hill. The room was spacious and nothing was placed too high for me.
The only disappointment was the breakfast. The hotel was quite expensive but the breakfast was not too varied. I would have liked more choice. I was surprised that the staff wasn't as friendly as in other Scandics.
Scandic has their own program for regular clients. The members get points for staying there and points mean benefits. I was very sorry to hear that this stay of mine didn't get me any points at all because I had made the reservation by telephone and not online. It's unequal because I can't be sure to get an accessible room. I have to make sure I will get it by calling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This central Helsinki hotel has a fantastic location only a short walk from popular Helsinki attractions, great shopping and fabulous restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Scandic Hotels, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Scandic Simonkentta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Simonkentta Helsinki Hotel Helsinki
- Scandic Simonkentta Hotel Helsinki
- Helsinki Scandic Simonkentta Hotel