Stayed here for the second time over the weekend with a friend. The hotel is situated practically next both to the main railway station and coach station in the city, as well as next to the tube and above a huge indoors parking lot. Lots of restaurants, sights and shopping too.
The room was clean and of good size. Beds ok, but the pilows were worn and much too thin. Practical but nothing extra. The receptionist gave a warm and professional welcome. The lounge was packed of tourists so the hotel seems to be popular. Almost too popular I'd say as the breakfast was simply chaotic. All hotel quests seemed to have breakfast at the same time. The tables lie very close to each other so you felt as if you had been in somebody else's party. There was food enough okay, but people in crowds tend to make a mess. I normally sit for a good while and enjoy my breakfast when travelling, but in Scandic Simonkentta this was out of the question.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This central Helsinki hotel has a fantastic location only a short walk from popular Helsinki attractions, great shopping and fabulous restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Scandic Hotels, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Scandic Simonkentta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Simonkentta Helsinki Hotel Helsinki
- Scandic Simonkentta Hotel Helsinki
- Helsinki Scandic Simonkentta Hotel