Stayed at this hotel for two nights late Oct.2012. The location is superb and the hotel is really nice. Unlike many other Finish hotels it's quite modern and has a good open lobby bar.
Service is fast and good but not superior, breakfast is fine but I had some problem getting food for early departure.
I could do a lot of work and hook all my devices up to free WiFi (max 5 devices).
I had a Scandic Frequent guest card that gave me vouchers for free coffee etc.
The room had a door leading to the next room which I didn't really like.
I was staying on fifth floor towards the square below far away from the elevators and heard no noice and had a good nights sleep.
I really miss some innovative services at these hotels... I often feel I'm at McDonalds Hotels. Still the Scandic Simonkentta was really nice.
The true x factor for this hotel is this weird oval shaped wood structure just outside the bar and the restaurant. It's actually a chapel and one of the most beautiful I've ever been to. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This central Helsinki hotel has a fantastic location only a short walk from popular Helsinki attractions, great shopping and fabulous restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Scandic Hotels, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Scandic Simonkentta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Simonkentta Helsinki Hotel Helsinki
- Scandic Simonkentta Hotel Helsinki
- Helsinki Scandic Simonkentta Hotel