Nice eco friendly hotel in the center of Helsinki. That means an in-room sauna, recycling bins for everything, abrupt automated electricity power off, free Internet, but no little shampoo and moisturizer bottles... Seems like a reasonable tradeoff! The staff seemed somewhat overwhelmed by the large number of young Russians who descended on the hotel, but were accomodating and gave card access to the gym beyond regular hours. Breakfast selection was large, but quality was pedestrian. Dinner a la carte on the other hand was very good. Service at the bar in the evening slow, but well intentioned. Probably a good choice overall for families, but lacking that extra convenience business travellers tyically relish.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This central Helsinki hotel has a fantastic location only a short walk from popular Helsinki attractions, great shopping and fabulous restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Scandic Hotels, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Scandic Simonkentta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Simonkentta Helsinki Hotel Helsinki
- Scandic Simonkentta Hotel Helsinki
- Helsinki Scandic Simonkentta Hotel