$174
$160
$128
Trip.com
1,675 results
All reviewsgreat locationstockmann department storecentral locationtrain stationmini bardecent hotelbreakfast buffetthe heart of the citybusiness tripsaunamannerheimintieesplanadeforumbathtubhairdryerharboureuro
Reviewed March 8, 2013

The hotel is in brilliant location on the main stree in the city center. So everything just few steps away or if want to go/see something that is bit more far all public transportiation is really nearby as well.
The hotel itself is bit worn (our room was on "old side" so do not have any experience on the "new side", but still OK and kept well clean.
Service in the reception was really good all the time, in check-in, -out and also between.

Like said our room was on fourth floor of the old side facing the main street. There was some noise especially from trams that you can hear, but not that much that it would have bothered us at all. Room was really spacious (superior family room) likewise bathroom as well. Not the newest design etc, but in rather good condition still.

But hotel restaurant was a disappointment. Service was not too good, there were some waitresses that did not really speak finnish (what you would kind of expect in Finland...). Also food was really not that good. and the problem is not in the menu as I have eat in other Scandinc hotel restaurants which have exactly the same menu and food on those (e.g. in Oulu) is really totally on other scale on every aspect.

So as a summary, the hotel itself is good and at least especially the price we paid the value for money was excellent. Then if price would be on par with some other more recently built/refurbished hotel I would propably not choose this one. But if you get it at good price go for it. Only thing is that I do not recommend the hotel restaurant as, there are many many restaurant close by which I believe are better.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have stayed at this place more than once and in fact swear by Scandic, I refuse all other chains when in Finland when I have a Scandic to choose from. The hotels are clean and the staff are friendly, mannerly, helpful and knowledgeable.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This hotel has the perfect location on one of the main Helsinki streets close to shopping, bars, restaurants and the bus and train stations.
On arrival and check out there were queues but the staff dealt with them quickly and efficiently. Whilst this hotel does have an excellent location I found the rooms slightly dated but they were warm and comfortable. The Wifi on 8th floor was hit and miss but fine in the reception area. I don't think I would stay here again I'd prefer the Scandic Simonkentaa around the corner simply as it's a newer hotel and a more modern.

Room Tip: upper floors facing away from the main street
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I needed a centrally located hotel to accommodate a business delegation of 7 people for 3 nights, and to a high standard of service. This hotel fitted the bill perfectly. Its accommodation was warm, spacious, clean and comfortable. Its staff were friendly, polite and efficient. The food was good. The location was excellent. Facilities included high speed free wifi, which was perfect. Taxis came on time and when ordered. (we needed them a lot) This hotel really does tick all the boxes.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I've returned from Helsinki some days ago. I haven't reviewed the city to be frank, because I didn't find anything noticeable to worth the effort. Stockholm, for example, is way better.
But, since I've been there on bussiness, I think my goals were touched.
I stayed at the Scandic Marski after a thorough search over here and came to the conclusion that would fit me best, which it actually did', as per location.
Very well located, 5 minutes walk from my bussiness meeting place, as close to the railway station and across from the big Stockmann mall (which is pretty fade and expensive, as it is all city).
All within the limits that the city is very small, compared to other places I've been and then, everything seems at hand when you're staying in the city center.
Reading the reviews in here and because I needed the peace, I asked for a room in the newer part of the hotel, which is connected with 2 rows of elevators and a passage, which is kinda chilly. I don't think the rooms in the older part were so noisy... no such a traffic, I've seen way worse.
Room was big, comfy, clean, closets though seemed old and closed a bit hard, bathroom marble didn't impress me much, seemed old and not that inviting, except the heated floor.
Clean and new sheets, which for me are a must.
Pay attention to the room service, beside the fact that they have a limited offer, they also have an extra 15 euros room-service fee! so that my dinner in the 1st night -because i didnt have the power to go anywhere else went over 45 euros, meanin just a steak and a desert.
Breakfast is plentiful, diverse and, for me, offers alot for any choice.
Personnel is attentive, and if you dont mind the nordic cold, u can consider them friendly;))
I had a problem with them issuing an invoice for my stay and after 1 week of emails, because reception personnel didnt understand the difference between an invoice and a receipt, but finally someone solved my problem. I would like to thank Ms. Heini Halmella for that again.
They could work on the accomodation in the lobby, main automatic door dosen't open, lots of small stones at the entrance- as sidewalks r full with those for avoiding icying, not many cosy warm places to stay in if necessaryaround reception.
Per all, it's not really a 4 star, but it's ok.

Room Tip: If you like carpeted rooms, you should try old part.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business