$174
$160
$128
Trip.com
1,675 results
All reviewsgreat locationstockmann department storecentral locationtrain stationmini bardecent hotelbreakfast buffetthe heart of the citybusiness tripsaunamannerheimintieesplanadeforumbathtubhairdryerharboureuro
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I needed a centrally located hotel to accommodate a business delegation of 7 people for 3 nights, and to a high standard of service. This hotel fitted the bill perfectly. Its accommodation was warm, spacious, clean and comfortable. Its staff were friendly, polite and efficient. The food was good. The location was excellent. Facilities included high speed free wifi, which was perfect. Taxis came on time and when ordered. (we needed them a lot) This hotel really does tick all the boxes.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I've returned from Helsinki some days ago. I haven't reviewed the city to be frank, because I didn't find anything noticeable to worth the effort. Stockholm, for example, is way better.
But, since I've been there on bussiness, I think my goals were touched.
I stayed at the Scandic Marski after a thorough search over here and came to the conclusion that would fit me best, which it actually did', as per location.
Very well located, 5 minutes walk from my bussiness meeting place, as close to the railway station and across from the big Stockmann mall (which is pretty fade and expensive, as it is all city).
All within the limits that the city is very small, compared to other places I've been and then, everything seems at hand when you're staying in the city center.
Reading the reviews in here and because I needed the peace, I asked for a room in the newer part of the hotel, which is connected with 2 rows of elevators and a passage, which is kinda chilly. I don't think the rooms in the older part were so noisy... no such a traffic, I've seen way worse.
Room was big, comfy, clean, closets though seemed old and closed a bit hard, bathroom marble didn't impress me much, seemed old and not that inviting, except the heated floor.
Clean and new sheets, which for me are a must.
Pay attention to the room service, beside the fact that they have a limited offer, they also have an extra 15 euros room-service fee! so that my dinner in the 1st night -because i didnt have the power to go anywhere else went over 45 euros, meanin just a steak and a desert.
Breakfast is plentiful, diverse and, for me, offers alot for any choice.
Personnel is attentive, and if you dont mind the nordic cold, u can consider them friendly;))
I had a problem with them issuing an invoice for my stay and after 1 week of emails, because reception personnel didnt understand the difference between an invoice and a receipt, but finally someone solved my problem. I would like to thank Ms. Heini Halmella for that again.
They could work on the accomodation in the lobby, main automatic door dosen't open, lots of small stones at the entrance- as sidewalks r full with those for avoiding icying, not many cosy warm places to stay in if necessaryaround reception.
Per all, it's not really a 4 star, but it's ok.

Room Tip: If you like carpeted rooms, you should try old part.
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I spent a night here on a business trip (including evening program). The hotel has perfect location especially if your plan is to have nightlife. The hotel itself is slightly worn and all needed services. OK breakfast. Hotel staff is was friendly.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Was here on a business trip, hotel was arranged by my colleague. First impression nice hotel, strange parking (heated though), great bar area, friendly but distanced staff and good location.

Then the room it was in a different part of the hotel. Had to cross a sort of glass bridge to get to that side of the hotel on level 3 and my room was on level 4 so at my side of the hotel was a really old school elevator (gorgeous but old). You could really notice the difference between the rooms and hallways on the bar, reception side of the hotel (more dated area) and my side was hip, modern and just re-done I think.

Room was spacious and clean, had a couch and table, desk with chair, big bed and tv. The bathroom was including sauna, bath and shower in one and was spacious as well. I liked the room and decor, bed was comfortable and bathrobe was feeling nice as well.The hall in the room was nice and had a lot of storage. Lighting was also good!

Did not like the couch it looked okay, but sitting on it was not nice. To much mirrors to my taste. and some of the interiour you could see was of not too good quality. Also the hallway with the glass bridge was not heated.

Breakfast was really good, lots of choice and fresh food and drinks/juices.

All together I would defenitely recommend, but ask for a room at the modern side of the hotel a bit further from the bar and breakfast area but nicer. For business trips this is a good hotel, for family or romantic trips don't go here. Price is also quite high compared to what you get. It is really aming for business guests. Although the location of the hotel is perfect city center!

Room Tip: Take the room at the other side of the hotel the modern area. My room 465 was located at a quiet street.
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a few nights in July with a baby. The location is fantastic; smack bang in the middle of the center. The room we stayed in was old-fashioned, the bathroom stank and the pillows were really uncomfortable; not great if you want to get a good night's sleep. The room was really dark too and no view from the window. It wasn't spacious either.

The breakfast was good, but it usually is wherever I've stayed in Finland.

There's a floor specifically for children with films, beanie bags and a play area which is great if you're travelling with kids. It would have been nice if the staff would have told me about it instead of just stumbling across it myself as it would have come in useful.

The hotel has a restaurant which can be handy. I believe it's one of the few restaurants where you can get dinner late (around 10pm-10:30pm) in the area; apart from McDonald's.

There's a microwave and snacks and drinks and bare necessities (toothpaste, deodorant, books etc) available for purchase in the lobby which might be useful for some. I personally was very happy as I needed the microwave for heating up babyfood.

There are far better hotels in Helsinki. I personally found it stuffy, dark, uncomfortable and wouldn't stay there again. The only plus side is the location.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family