$174
$196
$182
ScandicHotels.com
1,675 results
All reviewsgreat locationstockmann department storecentral locationtrain stationmini bardecent hotelbreakfast buffetthe heart of the citybusiness tripsaunamannerheimintieesplanadeforumbathtubhairdryerharboureuro
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Booked the hotel based on fairly affordable price and good location. The hotel location is very central in the middle of downtown Helsinki with a short walking distance to main shopping areas and sights. Check-in was smooth and the hotel has a nice bar & restaurant area on the street level. The signs for finding the right room were a bit confusing with arrows pointing this way and that. The room itself was clean with basic decor and comfortable bed. When arriving to the hotel at night time you had to buzz yourself in and the receptionist asked rather pointed questions on who I was and seemed to question me having a room in the hotel. Breakfast was fine with a good sortiment of food and drinks. Service was also cheerful and attentive. All in all a nice basic hotel with a very good location.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on upper floors and not towards the busy Mannerheimintie street.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Helsinkiglobus
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Arrived at the hotel after travelling all day, the reception staff were professional, and was allocated our room within several minutes. The reception staff were excellent in recommending places to go and visit and Finnish restaurants to go and try.

The room was very spacious, and well maintained, and the mini bar was reasonably priced. We had a room with 2 single beds and a pull out sofa bed. The beds were very comfortable, and had no complaints about them. The shower was what I would consider to be a wet room, but was easy to figure out. The heating was excellent, maybe a bit too hot. The television had ample channels in English and other languages. My only complaint about the room was the window; we had an internal room, so we had an internal view across to other rooms and nothing else sadly.

The hotel bar was excellent, and we were given a complimentary voucher for a glass of champagne when we checked into the hotel – so it was a lovely added bonus from the hotel.
I didn’t try the hotel restaurant dinner service, but the breakfast service had an excellent spread of breakfast to suit many tastes, the continental and the cooked breakfast was excellent, but it can get busy (found this to be the case on a Sunday, but managed to find a table).
The hotel Wi-Fi was surprisingly good, and was free, which is excellent.

Overall – excellent room, excellent breakfast, excellent bar. Would I stay here again: 100% YES.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jcp744
Reviewed April 27, 2012

There are several Scandic hotels in Helsinki and the Marski is well located for the city centre - opposite the Stockmann Department Store. Despite being a 4 star hotel there are no porters so if, like me, you arrive with a lot of luggage, you will have to manage the trolleys yourself. There is no tea/coffee making in the room which is something I really miss. The breakfast was very good and the reception staff were pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sue R
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Tomorrow I am going to check out after a four-night stay at Scandic Marski hotel. My husband and I were in Helsinki to attend a conference at Arcada University and the Marski was the conference main hotel, so we booked here for the rate of 121 euro, breakfast and internet included.
At first, I was little disappointed by the room we were given (n. 320 on the 3rd floor), because it was an accesible room with a very. very poor bathroom. The furniture then showed its age pretty much and was not of the same level of similar 4-star international hotels we have been around the world - as I said, the bathroom was really disappointed, the shower had no window but just curtains!
But, staying at Marski, I changed my mind a little bit and now I am convinced that it deserves a "Very Good" review.
First, as other travellers said, the location is unbeatable. Arriving by Finnair bus at the train station, we did not need to catch any other bus or tram or metro to discover Helsinki's sights.
Everything is just walking distance.
Then, I started to see also the positive sides of our room: a nice view, a very good size, powerful internet signal (which is important to us), and of the hotel, like the excellent breakfast buffet, the little grocery shop within the reception, the nice bar where we spent some quality time with our colleagues.
So, despite not being the very best hotel in our travel records, I would surely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2012

If you want to stay in the very Central of Helsinki Marski is a good option. Rooms are OK , breakfast has lots of choices and OK quality. Typical Scandic Hotel level all and all.

Room Tip: There are rooms with Saunas with a reasonable price. You should check those out for a little extra luxury.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple