1,203 results
All reviews train station excellent location meatballs major attractions clean hotel breakfast was included bed was comfortable central helsinki public transportation few minutes walk the heart of the city yogurt hotel is located market square waterfront europe ferry
Reviewed April 13, 2018 via mobile

Excellent position in the heart of town
Breakfast ecxelent
Good service and clean rooms.
Maybe a little aged in consideration of price.
If you come by car parking fee is really terrible. 29 euro fee for the garage closed to the hotel.
Perfect location if you are by train or from airport.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
hotelarthur, Guest Relations Manager at Arthur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2018

Dear guest,

thank you for staying with us and for your review. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed our service and the buffet breakfast. We are constantly refurbishing our rooms but we are a privately owned property and having the resources to do this for all the facilities is sometimes challenging. This is also reflected in the room rates with budget options being available alongside more comfortable room categories. Parking anywhere in Helsinki city centre is costly and our rate for parking in Europark P-Kluuvi is - in regards to the hourly rate of 4.00 EUR for parking on the street - reasonable.

Reviewed April 11, 2018

We spent 2 nights here and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the harbor, train station, downtown shopping, and practically next door to the wonderful botanical gardens. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We had a very nice dinner that was reasonably priced in the restaurant and a very good buffet breakfast was included daily in the price of our stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable. If I ever visit Helsinki again, and I would love to, I'd stay at the Arthur Hotel.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

thank you for visiting us; I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay and that your visit in Helsinki has been a great one. Indeed, our location is very convenient for reaching Helsinki's main attractions. We hope to bid you welcome another time in our hotel!

Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

It’s my cousin’s 3rd stay and my 1st time here. What we like most is breakfast here, lots of variety. We stay in standard twin room, it is clean and basic. If you walk from railway station, it may take around 10 minutes.

With their location, it’s convenient for sightseeing around the city. Supermarket is also within few minute walk.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear guest,

thank you for your stay and for your review. I am glad to read that you have a good visit to Helsinki and that our breakfast buffet is to you and your cousin's liking. Our location is great for reaching all of Helsinki's main sights and points of interest, as you have mentioned.

We hope to see you soon again!

With best regards,

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is old which was established 1907. Still using room key instead of card, old fashioned elevators too. However, the hotel
room is clean and spacious. The room comes with breakfast and free wifi. Wifi speed is slow but the breakfast is nice. Not really near from the central railway station by walk especially if you have to drag your luggage to walk here, as we had hard time on our arrival walking / finding the place with baggage in a cold (-3C) day.
You can take tram 6T to the nearest tram stop near the hotel or Metro station: Helsingfors Universitet (which is one stop from Central Railway Station).
it’s a nice hotel, located at central location at a good price.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear guest,

thank you for choosing Hotel Arthur and for your feedback. I am delighted that you have had a pleasant visit to our hotel. Our location is appr. 500 metres from the eastern entrance of the Central Railway Station so we are not that faraway; however, with luggage it is hard to maneuver all the cobble stone streets. In case walking is not an option, we can be reached from the Central Railway Station with either metro or tram, as you have pointed out.

Reviewed March 25, 2018

I travelled to Helsinki last year on a budget and picked Hotel Arthur. I booked a single room with a shared bathroom. Both my room and the bathroom was clean. The location of the hotel is pretty much perfect. Just a short walk from the central train station, the harbor and most of the sights. I'm 6'3" tall and the bed was a little bit too small for me to sleep completely comfortable, but it was alright for the 2 nights I stayed. I'm aware that the bed size is normal for Scandinavia, next time I will certainly book a double bed which should be about the size of a queen sized bed.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear guest,

thank you for your stay and for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed Helsinki and your stay at our hotel; even if things were not perfect at our property. Indeed, we have many room categories from the budget traveller's choice in economy and basic rooms to more comfort in our Art Nouveau double rooms. We hope to have pleasure of greeting you welcome soon again!

With best regards,