“Convinient”
Review of Arthur Hotel

Arthur Hotel
Ranked #43 of 66 Hotels in Helsinki
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Comfortable hotel in a good location. Friendly staff. Good value for money. The buffet breakfast is rich with a wide selection of typical Nordic and continental foods. I also liked the service and the food in the restaurant during dinnertime. I've stayed here several times on business trips and have never been disappointed. Though they offer no luxuries, I'm happy with these types of basic hotels that provide a comfortable stay, free internet connection and a good breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank DorisGray
hotelarthur, Director of Sales at Arthur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you very much for your nice comments about our hotel. We are happy to hear the you are satisfied and have stayed several times. In your feedback all the important matters that we put much effort on are mentioned.
We warmly welcome you to stay with us again!
Best regards,
Miisa

Write a ReviewReviews (1,076)

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Although this is definitely not an extreme luxury hotel, the staff are extremely friendly and helpful, the rooms and private and homely, the buffet breakfast is absolutely delicious, and you couldn't get a better location if you tried. We stayed here twice, the first time on a lower floor with a larger room. It was very out dated but still okay. On our second stay, on the way back through Helsinki, we got rooms on the higher floor and they were a lot nicer.

Room Tip: Higher floors have nicer rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank BrittyLloyd
hotelarthur, Director of Sales at Arthur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for the great review! We are truly proud of our staff and homely atmosphere they can create. As an 100 year old building, we are constantly renovating the hotel, but it takes time - as you can imagine, with 182 rooms! We are happy to hear you have enjoyed staying with us again and we hope we can serve you again on your next journey. Sales department Laura

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was a little sceptical about staying at Hotel Arthur because the building and the rooms are a little worn down. However, I have to say that I had a pleasant stay because the staff really made and effort to provide good service which made the atmosphere pleasant. In Helsinki hotels this not self evident.

1  Thank Isidorus
hotelarthur, Director of Sales at Arthur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you very much for your feed back. Nice to hear thet you enjoyed your stay here with us. And also we are very happy to read the comments regarding our staff; as our hotel is not modern and new we especially concentrate on servie.
Welcome to stay with us again!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

If anyone is complaining that the rooms are a bit outdated... go fork over double the price and stay elsewhere and stop whining. Yes my room was outdated, but it was very large with a sitting room and large bedroom and it was warm and clean. The staff is great and very friendly. The included breakfast buffet is huge and delicious.

The hotels location is fantastic. 3 minute walk from the central train station ( note, this is also where the bus from the airport will bring you, about a 35 min ride on #615 ) and a 10-15 minute walk to the Viking Line and Silja Line ferry terminal down in the harbor. It is also just a few minute walk to a small mall. plenty of bars , cafes, and restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Thank you very much for your nice comments. It is true that the hotel is old but as you said our location is perfect and the price is competitive and also you do not have leave the breakfast room feeling hungry :-)
Best regards,

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Probably this is the worst experience for last 15 year's of regular business travelling. This hotel can't save acceptable breakfast and friendly staff or central location. Not for 94 Euro per night. You could probably accept it for 40 but even with such price think twice.
Property is extremely dated and kept in bad shape, it feels like you stay in hostel but don't share your room with anyone. And it smells. No. It SMELLS! Especially in the bathroom - even I'm not overly sensitive to such things.
So if you have any other option - go for alternative.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the review. We are truly sorry your experience with us did not meet your requirements. We are an old buiilding and sometimes the plumimng can bring a bad odour in the bathroom, we always want to fix the situation for the customers and hope they would allow us by notifiying the staff. Some of the rooms are more outdated than other but we still can try to offer you a solution. Also noise from the street sometimes disturbs our clients, but as city hotel there not much than earplugs that we can offer. Light sleepers should request for a quiter room, we have some rooms facing the inner yard so the traffic noise is blocked! We hope you stay with us again and we can offer you better experience with us. Sales Department Laura

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights in november and found it to be a nice hotel, good central location and parks close by, staff were helpfull and friendly, breakfast was nice and good variety. My room was very nice and modern with everything i needed, although my friends room was queit the opposite. Probably would stay again if back in helsinki.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for the comments. Nice to hear you enjoyed all the best features of Hotel Arthur. As you know we are an old hotel with many rooms, so every rooms is a little bit different and renovations are moving on gradually. We do our best to suit our customers needs, some like the room bigger, some like it newer but our staff will always try to help you meet your needs. We hope you will come and stay with us again!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Due to it's age, I thought I would have to forgo modern amenities. I was in a room and it was so spacious they could have included a tennis court! The furniture was dated but the shower water was hot and there was plenty of it in a small quarter round. The WiFi worked well and was included. I thought the breakfasts were fantastic. Only drawback was I stayed five nights so I believe I gained five pounds! I understand after staying at other hotels in Finland that a large and varied breakfast is a mainstay in Finland. I certainly enjoyed it as well as a local Thai restaurant across the street as well. I covered that in another review. The hotel is convenient to everything. I found an underground tunnel system that kept me out of the cold and ice and snow covered streets. I don't think it does any good to tell you about a creaky wooden floor as I look at it as character but another might call call it noisy when you walk across the room. I found it warm enough on most nights but it was a corner unit so there was one night where I would have liked it a degree or two warmer. This may be because being from Florida makes us cold sensitive so locals may have found the temperature in my room hot. I definitely would NOT avoid this grande dame.

Room Tip: Room 301 was spacious and very near the elevators.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the lovely review! We are happy to hear you experienced the characteristic charm of Hotel Arthur. Our breakfast buffet gets many comments about the great selection of delicious foods, nice that you enjoyed it as well. Hotel Arthur is very centrally located so you can actually reach many places of the city via a tunnel or metro when you want to avoid the coldness outside! We appericiate your feedback and hope to welcome you to stay with us again! Sales Department Laura