Spent an enjoyable weekend with friends in a bitterly cold Helsinki which functioned as normal despite the heavy snow.
The Scandic Marina Hotel is a splendid old building well placed close to the main ferry terminal and was formerly a warehouse now converted into the hotel. A good location the hotel was warm comfortable and well maintained. The rooms we had were on the 7th floor and whilst a little on the small side were clean, warm and very comfortable with excellent en suite facilities. The bar area in the lobby was very convivial with views out on to the snow covered streets. The breakfast buffet was typical for Scandinavian hotels, was well presented and plenty of choice to satisfy even the most fussy eater. Certainly a good trip but be warned - Helsinki is very expensive so take plenty of Euros.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nice seaside location close to Helsinki city center in an old ware house building from 1912 in Katajanokka, close to Helsinki SkyWheel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Scandic Grand Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Grand Marina Helsinki
- Scandic Grand Marina Hotel Helsinki