3,251 results
All reviews converted warehouse viking line market square city centre large hotel breakfast buffet short walk uspenski cathedral family room ferry terminal hotel is situated convenient location business trip visiting helsinki standard room yogurt harbour
Selected filters

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Superior plus room

Very nicely decorated room, rather large size. Ideal for a family of 4.

Everything seemed to be newly renovated, also the bathroom.

On the website the room was described as having an amazing view towards the city. It had extremely small Windows, more like lightholes, not really windows. That was not as we expected. It is probably just the rooms at the far end of the building on 6th floor, rest of them probably has real windows. (We were in room 601).

Breakfast was good 8 out of 10.

Location is superb, calm area and yet just a few minutes walking from City center.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The room was perfectly adequate for me. It had all that I needed as a single aged traveller including a safe which was easy to use and a shower with good pressure and hot water.
The breakfast was excellent with a wide menu choice and coffee that was drinkable.
The sauna was unattended but I did not find this a problem - plenty of towels and unisex.
There was no view from the room, but for me this was not an important feature of my stay. It was convenient for the city and transport.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for a business conference in September 2019, and to be honest I am not sure if I would go back, if I have the choice!

The hotel is set a bit out from the main centre of the city, which makes it a bit of a pain unless you enjoy a good stroll. I think the main reason for being that far out is that the site is then big enough to have a conference centre just over the road, opposite the hotel.

The lobby itself looks nice, and the staff are friendly. But as soon as you get into a room – either a bedroom or a meeting room – it soon becomes clear that this place hasn’t had any real money spent on it for quite a long time.

My room was pretty spartan – a shallow wardrobe with limited fixed hangers inside, and more outside, a small desk and the all-too-common “two single beds pushed together” set up. The bathroom was small and a bit pokey, too. Décor was definitely dated, complete with worn furniture, plastic cable covers on the wall for the TV (but some exposed cable too!), and a slightly odd lighting setup. Safe was very small.

And there was no iron. Regular readers will know I prize an iron in the room on business trips. But not only did I not have one, but ironing turned out to be a saga.

The hotel don’t actually bring an iron to your room. Instead, there’s an ‘ironing room’ on the 6th floor (which I was not staying on). After managing to find this – it is not well sign posted – I was confronted with two very tired ironing boards and absolutely nowhere to hang the hangers from the wardrobe. One iron was very old and small, but that didn’t matter so much because it’s plug didn’t actually fit in the socket. The other was a bit more modern, but beaten up, and the ‘anchor’ cable to the ironing board wasn’t actually long enough to let the iron reach the top of the ironing board.

Altogether, not a fun experience. There are definitely better places to stay in Helsinki!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
GrandMarina, Guest Relations Manager at Scandic Grand Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello!

Thank you for your stay here in Grand Marina and thank you very much for the review!
I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations. We will absolutely talk with the housekeeping department and ask them to check the ironing rooms. We have 3 of those totally in the hotel.
We do hope that we will see you again in Helsinki and hope that we can get a change to give you a better stay here.
Kind regards,