Scandic Grand Marina
Hotel Kamp(Helsinki)
Very Good 4/5
Good 3.5/5
2,603 results
All reviewsconverted warehouseviking linemarket squarecity centrebreakfast buffetlarge hotelshort walkferry terminaluspenski cathedralfamily roomdecent sizeconvenient locationhotel is situatedbusiness tripdouble bedvisiting helsinkistandard room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I booked at family standard room for our time in Helsinki at this hotel. I chose this as a family member had stayed here previously and had given a good report to us on it. We took a taxi from the airport to the hotel, it was about 50 euro and we knew there were cheaper ways to get there but for us it was the best option. The bathroom had a very large shower, basin and toilet but certainly not one of the nicest hotel bathrooms very bland. The room was clean. We had our bed, a sofa that converted to a bed & a cot. We ate dinner at the restaurant on site and the waiter was very accommodating for our two children even warming up the milk & preparing a dish that wasn’t on the children’s menu. We were impressed with the service in the restaurant where nothing was a problem. As a vegetarian the choices were limited but the chef did a special dish for me with no fuss so this was a very nice surprise. The breakfast had an excellent choice and one big win for us was there was a dedicated play area for the children to be entertained in so we could watch them play & have our table right next to that area. The breakfast was buffet style. So with breakfast included & children staying for free this was good value for us. There were not many options during the day to purchase a snack within the hotel but outside the market area and waterfront were nice areas to be in and that was a short walk away that we enjoyed taking. During our stay we needed to call the airline and the gentleman on duty at reception was so nice to recommend I go down to reception to make the call as the cost per minute was very high & there was a wait time. We also got a free late checkout and took a taxi to the airport on checking out. Even though the hotel was very busy during our stay we never felt crowded and the children loved the little area they could play in.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I recently visited Helsinki with my work and I stayed at the Grand Marina for two nights. This hotel was what I expected. One word describes my stay, 'Average'.

Good: Great location. Semi friendly staff.

Bad: Very little flash, bland/dry food, rock hard bed. In all honesty, I was surprised the TV worked as well as it did.

Listen, if you find yourself in Finland, this is very typical of most hotels. Don't be disappointed. Set your expectations lower and you will find yourself happier with your accomodations.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2012

It's large, it's a chain hotel and it's located close to the ferry terminal. There's not a lot that marks this hotel out from any other, with little personality or personal touches, but it's not far from the centre, spacious and includes a buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I went with my wife and our 2 year old son. The first impression was very good, a huge hotel, clean and good service. When we arrive to our room, over the outside border of the toilet had poo... yes, poo. The tub was very dirty and had many hairs. We complained to the reception and they only said "sorry" and sent a person to clean it.
The next days we saw that the maid was very bad. The first day we used a glass to give milk to our son, and that glass was not cleaned or changed during the 5 days that we stayed there. They never used the vacuum in all these days (we saw the same crumbs day after day). It seems that the cleaning is only stretching the bed.
The hotel is very big, many many rooms, but they only have two people to attend in the reception, so many times we had to wait to much time.
The breakfast was ok, many things to eat, but in short: was very dissapointment and not recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I travelled here for a sporting event in the holiday season. The hotel had an elegant lobby with a nice gift shop. The breakfast was disapointing compared to other hotels I have stayed in recently. Opposedto the breakfast the lunch on the other hand was fantastic. the location was prime and just a short walk to downtown Helsinki. Overall this hotel met my expectations and I would stay in a Scandic hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends