Restaurant Base Camp - Nepalese Cuisine
Ranked #129 of 1,597 Restaurants in Helsinki
Cuisines: Nepali
Reviewed January 13, 2013

...this is the place for you. The best momo selection in Helsinki! Vegetable, chicken, lamb, mutton...

3  Thank Juho-PekkaK

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Food was really mouth-watering. Easily best Nepalese food in the town. On sunday evening it was empty which was little surprising as it was overall very good experience.

1  Thank backseat2005
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We were reminiscing our trip to Nepal in Basecamp. The personnel were very friendly and the food was excellent. We chose thali dishes, they were very close to what we ate in Kathmandu and Pokhara. Considering the food quality and the service it begs the question why the restaurant was not full, not even half full!

1  Thank family_hakkinen
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Very nice place and many delicious vegetarian options. Big plate for lunch plus salad. Works every time.

1  Thank SunshineFinland
Reviewed April 21, 2012

My hubby and I visit Basecamp for lunch at least once a month. I enjoy:
1. the speedy and friendly service
2. the traditional music (not 'live')
3. reasonable portions of main dish with 2 sauce dips
4. HUGE portions of freshly-made bread (called "nan", I think)
5. Intensely-spicy chilli sauce which you may serve yourself at the salad bar. I usually take half a teaspoon because it often made my eyes tear. Yet, I LOVE it.

1  Thank JCPY