“Good, but not outstanding”
Review of Restaurant Muru

Restaurant Muru
Ranked #7 of 1,511 Restaurants in Helsinki
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Helsinki
“Good, but not outstanding”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

I had high expectations, when going in to Muru. Together with my wife, we had nearly everything on the menu. I had 5 courses and she had 3. We were both somewhat disappointed. The food was well prepared and pretty good, but nothing special. It was not a bad meal, but I would have expected more innovative and distinct flavors. It was pretty conventional. Menu at Muru is very limited, but it changes often. There are no individual menus, the menu is just written on the blackboard. The service was good. It was better than average, but I am not sure it was very good. This would be one of those places where 3,5 stars would be accurate

Visited June 2014

• Finnish first
“Terrible place to eat in”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

This place is a joke. The food was partly great and partly mediocre. If you wanna just hang out, the place might be good, but if you wanna go to a restaurant and have real food, skip this place. We had a menu of four different foods. The size of the plates was so terribly terribly terribly too small - they were not meals actually but snacks. And not only that the sizes were small, we had to wait for the food to arrive maybe 40 minutes per plate. Which meant that the time for us to eat the whole meal was around 2,5 hours. Four small snacks in every 40 minutes meant that all the time I spent in the restaurant, I was hungry. I left to place my stomach empty.

Muru seems to be one of those restaurants that invests more on how the food looks, instead of how it tastes. The prices were highly inflated too - with this kind of food with this kind of slow service with this kind of small plates, the prices should be so much lower.

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank Petsku83
Helsinki, Finland
“From excellent to outstanding again”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I have visited Muru a couple of times during the years. During the first visits they were simply outstanding, then "only" excellent and now they are back on track again - outstanding food, wines and service last week!

Visited June 2014
Oslo, Norway
“Worst kept secrets in Helsinki :)”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I have tried to get a table here for long time and now I finally got it. I was here with my colleagues and noticed that there were quite a lot of other business people as we.

The service in the restaurant was perfect in my taste. Relaxed but professional. Our waiter was a lovely young woman who knew what they had on the menu and came with excellent wine recommandations on our budget.

We had the menu of the day that was reasonably priced on the high quality. Starter was duck and main course a really tasty pike perch from the Finnish lakes.

I think this restaurant is only known for local and maybe not that many foreigners know about this. I totally recommend this restaurant for everybody :)

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Youni
Helsinki, Finland
“Waiters should not touch customers”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I ate here in January 2014 and was very impressed by the food. Now in May 2014 I was slightly disappointed. The food was OK, but not more. The wine package one glass of five different wines contained wines from less well-known regions (which was good) but the wines were not of particularly good quality. What I definitely disliked was that the waiters touched me and tapped me on the shoulder while they were talking with me. I also got a strong feeling that the waiters themselves disliked this. Apparently the management thinks that it is a good idea but it is not. My bad rating of the service is due to this. Otherwise the service was good.

• Visited May 2014