“Not worth the hype”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Not worth the hype”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is one of the most mentioned restaurants in Helsinki for past years.

Tried it twice and even though food was good it was not spectacular. You can find similar food (and better) in many places around Helsinki. Didn't find service attentive.

Wine selection though was very good and to my liking anyway

• Visited October 2012

• Finnish first
Espoo, Finland
“Food, service, wine and ambience with capital F, S ,W and A!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

You just come, relax and let the exceptional staff to take care of you with the selection of food and wine. The oasis in Helsinki!

Bucharest, Romania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice experience - I highly recommend it”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I often walked by Muru Ravintola (ravintola = restaurant in Finnish) and I could see from outside that it was always full. This is what caught my attention about it in the first place. I decided to make a reservation for a special occasion celebration of me and my spouse. Be aware that well in advance reservation is required. Two weeks prior to the occasion and I merely found a free table for a Tuesday evening at 8 o'clock.
We served the 4 course menu of the day (46 euros/person) which was absolutely delicious. Add a glass of (different type) of wine for each course plus a glass of champagne each of us and the bill got to 186 euros which I think is a normal price for such restaurant class in Helsinki. But it was worth it. If you are not a "connaisseur" in wines then trust the waiter's recommendations. We did and it was the right choice. The only thing that I was not very impressed about was the "cheese plateau" but only because it had 2 small pieces of cheese and since I love cheese I was disappointed about its size. Served with a perfect match of cherry jam and wine made it wonderful.
The atmosphere inside the restaurant can be considered romantic (candle lights, nice low volume music) but since the restaurant itself is not that big and being full of customers sitting at tables very close one to the other it is not exactly the perfect place to find a more private table. This was one of my request when I made the reservation and I admit we got the best one in this respect. I thank the restaurant person who took care of this.
The conclusion is that I recommend this restaurant for the atmosphere and the quality of food, drinks and overall services.

“Muru is great”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Characterful restaurant at scene of Helsinki; highly recommended!

But take into account, very early reservations to be needed, and two settings for a dinner. First one is over at 19.30, thats a bit disappointing - while you would like to stay a bit longer.

Helsinki, Finland
“A top Helsinki restaurant”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is one of my favourite placed in Helsinki. Great food, the best service in town, and a very hip ambience at a central location. One of the few top of mind options when thinking about eating out. You need to book well in advance.

• Visited February 2012