“BEST STAFF EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Natura Viva

Natura Viva
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Natura Viva is an outdoor company in Southern Finland. We do kayaking and fatbike tours in the Helsinki area. In the summer our most popular tour is Helsinki by Kayak. We also rent kayaks at our Paddling Center in Eastern Helsinki Fatbike tours are available all year.
Lakewood, California, United States
“BEST STAFF EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Amazing experience! Martii is a beyond great guy! Left my wallet in a locker there and he drove 30 minutes to meet us at our cruise ship to return it! Great honest people who love what they do and make it a great experience for everyone! Beyond grateful and I will return!

• Finnish first
Frankfurt, Germany
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“kayaking in the Baltics”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We recently were on board a Baltic sea cruise, and we had a stop in Helsinki. Since we were traveling with our two teenage daughters, we decided to find something different from the basic city sightseeing tour. We were met at our boat by our guide, and she drove us about 20 minutes to the kayaking center. Once we were geared up, we started our tour. It was a warm day, and a little breezy. The islands were beautiful. It was easy enough for us beginners, though because it was a little breezy, a bit of a work out. We had a great lunch on one of the island. Our guide told us about the archipelago and about the Finnish people. It was the best way to spend the day!

1 Thank gauchos92
Zurich, Switzerland
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Amazing day on the water - great birthday treat - only complaint: not long enough!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

One of the reasons we chose to come to Finland for my birthday was so that we could go sea kayaking on the Baltic, particularly after reading some of the reviews here on TA. We were not disappointed, and it was absolutely fabulous.

The nature was gorgeous -- the wind whipped about so that made it challenging -- but it was still beautiful and peaceful. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

The only thing I would want -- because I loved it so so much -- was an extended day tour going out even more places and spending even more time on the water.

Peaceful and perfect. If you like outdoor activities, you've got to try these folks. They were wonderful, kind, supportive, helpful, organized and professional.

1 Thank sd_in_switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nothing better.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

After having been on countless palace and medieval tours during a Baltic Sea cruise, changing the pace to take a kayak tour in the Gulf of Finland couldn't have been better. The sun was out, the water was crisp and inviting, and the guides were wonderful ambassadors of the beautiful islands of the archipelago.

Kata (sp?) taught me how to paddle with efficiency. With a couple quick tips I went from using my arms to using my core, which made paddling ease and took very little effort. I was free to easily paddle with or ahead of the group, enjoying the views of the wildlife (Kata named all the bird types) and the natural landscape. During lunch I harvested wild raspberries and blueberries to my delight and by Kata and Maya's direction. We learned a bit about the Finnish concept of Every Man's Rights, and a bit of Finnish history.

The logistics were easy and the company as a whole were warm, helpful, and provided excellent service. They even took pictures of us during the trip and sent them afterwards, at not additional charge.

Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A great way to see the natural beauty of Helsinki”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Kayaking in Helsinki was one of the tour options for the Finland stop on the Baltic cruise from the UK I went on last August, and it sounded like an interesting way to see a bit more of the country. This was my first time kayaking and I'm not particularly fit, but I really enjoyed it. The small group who went had both first-timers and more experienced kayakers, and the guides were helpful and let you take things at your own pace after initial instructions, giving tips where necessary, which was nice as the scenery is definitely worth taking in. We stopped at an island for lunch and it was cool to hear them talking with such pride in their country, explaining the laws on land ownership in Finland (in relation to other people camping on someone's land), and even down to the berry drink they provided with the pretty glasses.

As an added bonus, they took photos of us kayaking which they emailed us the link to a few days later.

Although not in Helsinki for a long time, there was still time after kayaking to take in the contrast of the bustling city centre (as the cruise terminal/port that Natura Viva picked us up and dropped us back to is only a couple of minutes walk from the main street), watch some live music, and take a walk round the shops, happy in the knowledge that I'd seen a beauty to this part of the country that I'd have missed out on otherwise.

Natura Viva is a family run business and is well run, friendly and professional - I'd highly recommend this activity to anyone of any kayaking skill level who would like to do something other than the general tourist activities while in Helsinki.

Visited August 2012