“Lovely hotel well located downtown”

Hotel Rivoli Jardin
Ranked #27 of 65 Hotels in Helsinki
Clearwater Beach, FL
“Lovely hotel well located downtown”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Lovely hotel, well siuated in downtown Helsinki. Good breakfast. Helpful staff. I deducted a point because they charge 10 euro per day for the internet and still could not get to our email server - do not know what was the problem. In my opinion, charging for internet in todays market is a ratings negative.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Traveler5548

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Finnish first
Turku, Finland
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Made a quick stay in the hotel a couple of years ago and decided to return in order to re-assure the good feeling I experienced then. Yes, the hotel has kept its cozy charm and personal touch. I arrived in the middle of a snow storm when the city was in chaos, but in the reception I was met with a warm wellcome by a "real gentleman" that you seldom meet nowadays. My wife and friends were delyed by the snow, but the gentleman did his outmost to calm me down and answered all my special needs to have the group checked in and arranged taxi etc. Even the next morning he checked that everything has turned out right for me and this gave me the impression that they really cared for us. The rooms are cozy and personally designed and had all the necessary equipments. The only I really missed was a down pillow, but otherwise everything was in place. The breakfast room is small and just behind the reception desk, but at the same time it gave a very family-type feeling. The breakfast is placed on several different tables and you had an insight into the kitchen, which only strenghten the good feeling. The assortment was rich without being extravagant. Additionally, the hotel is just a block away from the very center of the city. If you're fed up with the big hotels belonging to international chains looking alike and if you're looking for a more personal option; this is the place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank MosseTurku
Tampere
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This was the first time we stayed in this Hotel while in Helsinki. Our room was small but comfortable, and very quiet. The location is good, just a minute and You hit the Esplanadi street. Breakfast was good finnish standard.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1fatfinn
St.Petersburg
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We've stayed at the hotel in August, 2012 when we had a private visit to Helsinki. Good location attracted us although we never stayed here before. Proximity of all central facilities of the city was critical for us as my wife was “low mobile” for some days after the knee surgery. And we surely enjoyed the hotel’s position with all the restaurants, railway station and the harbor in walking distance. The hotel itself appeared rather comfortable and clean. The breakfasts were great – Scandinavian style with a lot of salmon, nice grain bread, fruits and all other things we love. Unfortunately we experienced some inconveniences as well. First – towels in the bathroom were extremely worn out with the lot of hanging threads. We noticed it just upon arrival and shortly informed the receptionist. And we got another at once and later day by day but of the same quality. Second problem occurred with the air conditioner. It worked poor and did not react any controls. They tried to fix it but nothing changed. We had to open the window as the weather was rather warm that time. And at once we faced another problem – the inner court that looks so comfortable at daytime appeared too noisy at night. Some guys move the trash bins and other waste every night – one can imagine how it sounds inside the narrow court. So the overall impression of the hotel is very average especially if to compare with other hotels in Helsinki.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank architect_2010
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Great location, right in the city center. There are also a few good restaurants nearby. Also close to the train station (less than 10 minutes walking, a bit more from the bus station). The room was perfect, silent, great mattress and exactly like the picture. There was also a boiler and some tea in the room. The breakfast was great, fruits, fresh juice, bacon, eggs, salmon, yogurt..
The internet was not free, I did not have an internet offer for my room, so I had to pay 10 euros a day...
The staff was really nice and helpful. One even made me a map with all the good clubs and bars in Helsinki. I also had a really early flight and had to leave the hotel in the middle of the night. So a really nice girl prepared me some tea and gave me some biscuits and fruits so I could eat something before leaving!
Next time I'm in Helsinki I'll definitely stay again in this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank sibelletorres
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was my last stay on my Scandinavian trip and this was the best hotel. Service and stuff was very helpful and professional. My room was very comfortable with one of the best beds I ever slept in hotel anywhere. Well stocked breakfast buffet with fresh baked pastries in the hotel atrium was great start of the new day. Very convenient location to the most major tourist and shopping sites in the center of Helsinki. There is also good selection of restaurants near by and grocery store less than block away is a plus.

Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mary C
Oulu, Finland
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The hotel is situated close to the center but in an inner court so you can not hear the noise of traffic there. It is not a luxus hotel but a comfortable place to stay. It has a kind of personality in the design of the rooms and the lobby. The breakfast is rich. I would choose this hotel rather that a hotel of big international chains.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business