All reviewsesplanade parksmall hotelpriced hotelmain esplanadetwo nightsminute walkhot and cold foodcoffee makermarket squaretrain stationwithin walking distancestayed here for one nightnice breakfastfree wifishopping areaexcellent locationconvenient location
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Excellent situation, close to everything, great staff, good breakfast

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I usually stay in one of the Radisson hotels in the city, but due to some strategic location issues I had to move this time and after reading the reports had quite high expectations.

I found the hotel to be reasonably located for business and tourist purposes, but not in the best location. Rooms were of an appropriate size for Scandinavian standards but some of them (we had 5 rooms in total) look tired. Bathrooms looked very old fashioned, and probably not changed since the late 80's.

Staff was friendly enough, breakfast was simple but good.

Conclusion: OK hotel, but I'll happily return to my Radisson's :)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank FeloNei
Reviewed January 5, 2012

10 minutes to stockman. Good breakfast. Tea and coffee (boiler) in the room. Free parking for 5 cars

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Posdenis
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Every time I wisiting Helsinki for work I looking forward to stay at Rivola Jardin Hotel. The hotel has a very friendly atmosphere, the location is exellent nearby good restaurants and shops. The rooms are comfortable and breakfast has all you can ask for.
I travelling 160 days a year and stay in different hotels every week. Hotel Rivola Jardin is number one for me

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Peter C
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I only stayed here for one night (last night), and to be honest thats ok by me. I dont want to be too harsh....but there is usually at least something that you could like about a hotel, not the case here for me. This feeling is furthermore exaggerated by the cost of the room, 110€ (supposedly heavily discounted on Booking.com) for a Superior Double Room to include free Wi-Fi internet access, extra long bed (seemed normal to me), tea/coffee maker (don’t remember seeing this) and slippers (definitely no slippers), as well as a TV and minibar (TV and mini bar!!! That’s novel in hotel rooms).
If my room was superior, I would not like to see the ‘standard’ rooms. This hotel is basically an old hotel which has been ‘revamped’ into a modern ‘boutique’ (so they like to advertise) by the addition of some minimal ‘text book’ boutique hotel furniture…..the white wooded bed, desk and chair. Besides that….well old very standard hotel stuff. The bathroom I found particularly disappointing.
Finally the breakfast was nothing to write home about either, everything standard to below here also. For the price, I would have to recommend other hotels. For slightly cheaper I have also stayed at Hotel Fabian, just one block away from here in distance, but much further in terms of quality!!!

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank ChrisEdge71
Management response:Responded November 28, 2011

Dear Sir,
I am very sorry you have been so disappointed to our hotel.
This is very important for us to have our guests comments, that we can improve our service, breakfast and make our rooms more comfortable .
(There was a small electric kettle as well as mini-bar on the console under the TV.)
I hope this did not ruin your visit in Helsinki.
I am pleased to give more information

Best regards