“One of the best in Helsinki”

Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki
Ranked #10 of 63 Hotels in Helsinki
GreenLeadersSilver level
Turku, Finland
“One of the best in Helsinki”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

My second stay in this hotel. The hotel is nicely renovated and modern and the staff are very friendly. The location is very central but at the same time the hotel is surprisingly peaceful and quiet. The standard rooms are nice and clean but not too spacious. The buffer breakfast is very good and plentiful. I can truly recommend this hotel for a short stay in Helsinki.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ve8
Heikki P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Ve8,

Greetings from sunny Helsinki toTurku! I hope everything is well in there.
Thank you so much for your kind review, I have forwarded your thanks to our Plaza Team members - outstanding service is our passion - that´s why we all love the hospitality business!

TIP: Book next time a business class room to get extra luxury and comfortable room. You can also borrow our bikes to have your personal sightseeing or shopping tour in Helsinki. So please feel free to ask our service consepts: Plaza Sports and Plaza Relax etc. - there is lots of free items for our guests to use.

I truly wish you a pleasant spring time and we are looking forward to see you soon back at Plaza!

Kind regards,

Mr. Heikki Päätalo
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

The hotel and room standard was great. Food was good and varied. But the service was really outstanding. I had forgotten an item at the hotel and contacted the hotel trying to retrieve it. The staff found it and immediately responded kindly providing it sent for my home adress. I really appreciated that and give my warmest recommendation staying at the Radisson Blu Plaza Helsinki

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

1 Thank Brian S
Roberto B, Guest Service Agent at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Brian S. ,

Thank you very much for the fantastic feedback .
I am happy you liked our service and the professionality of our staff.
Let's hope to see you again at Plaza Hotel.

Kind regards
Brasilia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

The hotel is in great location, close to everything. Rooms are nicely decorated and very comfortable. Breakfast is amazingly good with every thing imaginable and nespresso! Staff is very friendly, thou there are times with so many people around it takes time to be addressed. Next time in Helsinki I want to stay there again!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street or the garden.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tatiana C
Dear Tatiana C ,

Thank you for your wonderful rewiew.
It's always nice for us to receive such feedback.
I am happy you enjoyed our service and all our conforts.

Kind regards ,
Pisa, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

I visited Helsinki in January and was a guest in this hotel. Rooms are quite comfortable, I especially liked the different lightening and the decor, which is inspired by Finnish renowed design, as it is the hall. Location is likewise very central. No complains at all -on the contrary, a special praise for the excellent breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank TongBo
Maija T, Guest Service Agent at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear TongBo,

Thank you for writing such a kind and wonderful review about Plaza. It always makes us happy to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay and had a good time while staying with us.

It is also nice to hear you liked our newly renovated style. You are right, Finnish design is widely used in our decor and we have especially paid attention to the lighting in the rooms. The same style is maintained in the lobby area as well as in the restaurant and the in the bars.
With mixing modern and classical we have wanted to make the most of the building's long history while also staying on the top of modern design and technology.

I will also tell your greetings to our Restaurant and breakfast staff.

I hope we will see you soon again!

with best regards,

Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

Hi all,

The Radisson Blu Plaza is a very nice hotel located in the middle of Helsinki city center. Its in walking distance of the train station (but there is no issue with noise from trains or anything), so you can get to a lot of places without any problem.
The rooms are clean and comfortable, although i was not a big fan of the design itself. The room i stayed in had a bath, usually i prefer a shower but at least the water came out nice and warm unlike some other hotels.

I tried the restaurant the first night and I was very satisfied with that as well, the second night I took a walk in the city center and enjoyed some great food there as well.

If you want to stay in the hotel, that perfectly fine. If you prefer going out, you are in the city center so don't hesitate.

All in all it has been very nice and I will book this hotel again with my next business trip to Helsinki.

1 Thank JensA2009
Dear JensA2009

Thank you for your great review. I am sure it is helpful for many other Tripadvisor users as well. You gave some very good tips and I definitely agree with you about the restaurants and our location.
When there is more time to spend in Helsinki or maybe a busy business trip it is nice and convenient to try out our restaurant Kitzens. Did you notice that our restaurant offers five different menu-styles, from South-Pacific to Italian, so there will be something for everyone?
At the same time we are so close to the city center that it is easy to take a walk around and try some different restaurants. Most of the sightseeing and museums are close by as well.

We have rooms decorated with Modern and with Classical style. On your next stay perhaps you can try out the style you have not seen yet and hopefully that feels more like your style. Also we have some rooms with a shower so please feel free to request a room like that if you would prefer a room without a bathtub.

I hope we will see you soon again. You are always welcome to Plaza!

With best regards,

New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Everything lovely except for loud music coming from an "Aussie Bar" on the street to the right below. Make sure you get a room far from that street! The people working there are just great, and the food is good, the room service is efficient, and the breakfasts are great.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

1 Thank Eugene K
Dear Eugene K,

Thank you for taking time to write a review and I am so happy to hear you had a good stay. I just hope you got some good sleep despite the bar across the road. We are doing our best to give people quiet room of course, and especially during weekends. My apologies for you having to stay too close to the noise.
Just like you noted as well, it is a very good idea to request a quiet or a high-floor room.

But it is wonderful you were still able to enjoy your stay. I am happy to hear you had time to try out the room service as well as Breakfast. Thank you for your compliments to our staff as well.

On behalf of the whole Plaza team, we hope to see you as our guest soon again

Best regards,

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

It was our 2nd family stay in this hotel. Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel in Helsinki exceeds the expectations! Just a couple of minutes away from the main railway station. Beautiful modern interiors featuring the works of famous Finnish designers. The rooms are comfortable and clean, but a bit too cold, for my taste. The most comfortable beds and pillows I have ever slept on in a hotel. Business class guests enjoy an access to the lounge during breakfast, afternoon tea and a happy hour with a selection of beverages and delicious snacks. Breakfast is as good as it gets: a vast array of choices with a national touch. All kids get a welcome treat - an activity book and a memory game.
Very friendly staff. Our special thanks goes to Maija from reception, who remembered our 5-year old daughter from last year and made her visit even more special and to Yvonne from the restaurant, for making our mornings start on a smooth and cheerful way!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Johanna J, Service Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Bandeirinha,

Thank you for your kind and bracing feedback of your stay here at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel! It is always a pleasure to read such friendly comments. I was especially delighted to read that you stayed here for the second time with your family.

Did your daughter have a look at the back of the children’s activity book? There are some special activities to which it is possible to collect special stamps from our staff members after performing each activity. We also have an x-box game console available in the lounge area which our guests can play. Maybe next time your daughter would like to try a few of the children’s games.

I will most certainly pass on your thank you to Maija and Yvonne as well. They will be thrilled!
I wish you and your family a lovely spring time and hopefully we will see you soon again!

With kind regards,