Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$152
Anna Hotel(Helsinki)(Great Value!)
$104
$101
2,286 results
All reviewsbusiness roomtrain stationbusiness classroom numbercomfortable bednespresso machinelate checkcentral locationstandard roomshower curtainwalking distancebreakfast buffet isexcellent hotellocation is greatmodern hotelbusiness tripan upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Close to Main train station, easy to get to and away from by taxi, bus, or tram. Close to main shopping areas, church, waterfront. Breakfast is fine, a good selection for everybody. Pluses abound but there are two serious negatives - Rooms need much bows. The big negative, the service - this place defines "slow". All of the staff are friendly, most not terribly helpful and every request takes forever. Finally, the hotel was not very forthcoming about options for getting from the airport - Gotta go the extra mile people! Price was just OK. Internet was, like the service, slowww. Will not likely stay here again unless changes happen.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mlahm
Heikki P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear mlahm,

Thank you for taking your time to write your review. It is always important for us to hear what our guests truly think of the hotel and how they feel while staying with us. With the feedback we can work on to make our services more efficient and to make sure we offer what the guests truly need.

My sincere apologies for all the inconvenience you encountered during your stay. It is of course our goal to work hard and to make sure the guests are served promptly and with enough information. We will discuss these points in our next staff meeting to make sure everyone is doing their best and know their duties perfectly.

Concerning the airport transfer; taxis are the easiest way of course but there are also buses coming from the airport to the city centre. Unfortunately our hotel doesn't offer a shuttle service to the airport. Helsinki city is currently building a railroad to the airport so in the future it will be also possible to reach Helsinki by train.

I hope we will see you at Plaza again so we can get a new opprtunity to make you enjoy your time here.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Hotel room was real nice even for standard. I loved the designs and fabrics they had used. Breakfast was my ultimate favorite. It's really worth it, relaxing atmosphere in the morning with music playing on the background.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
2  Thank Saana L

Dear Saana L,

Thank you for your wonderful review. It is truly a joy to read comments like yours. It is important for us to know that the renovation we did was worth it and that our guests can now enjoy the new rooms and the new trendy atmosphere of our Plaza hotel.

The rooms are actually devided in two different styles. Both styles represent Finnish design with latest technology. Part of the rooms are furnsihed with "Modern style" while the other half is more Classical. Our guests are of course always welcome to decide which style they would enjoy more.

I am also happy to hear you had time to enjoy our Super Breakfast. Taking some time to relax in the morning with a cup of coffee and good breakfast is definitely a nice way to start the day.

I hope we will soon see you at Plaza again

With best regards,

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I just got to my room after a long, difficult day. Room was very cold, but no other room "in this category" was available. OK, got an extra noisy heater. A so called accessible room. Not very cozy. Still ok. But then, I wanted to use the toilet… I really hate, when I have to clean it myself before using it, because there is still the dried Urine of the previous guest on the seat!
Sorry guys, but I would give you minus stars, if I could… In addition, I found some hair in my bed, short and black, if you care to know it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank a s
Heikki P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear a s,

First of all I need to apologize all those inconveniences what you had found during your visit at our hotel. I am truly sorry about the lack of cleanliness on your room, that was totally out of our normal quality. Our Executive housekeeper have been discussed this case with his team, and he and his team sent also their sincere apologizes to you.

All these reviews helps us to create more comfortable service to our guest´s. Thank you so much for your valuable review and your precious time what you gave to us.

Our promise is 100% guest satisfaction guarantee, thats why I would like to discus the matter of inconvenience with you, so I kindly ask you to contact me directly: heikki.paatalo@radissonblu.com

Once again our whole Team Plaza are truly sorry about all those inconveniences, and sent our sincere apologizes to you.

I hope we can see you next time at Plaza and give more pleasant stay for you.

On behalf Radisson Blu Plaza, management team,

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I arrived late and was given a warm welcome. The rooms are excellent, with the corridors and lighting really modern and interesting. Loads of plug sockets for charging technology! Thoroughly enjoyed my stay, staff all helpful and friendly. Will stay again soon.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Trevor L
Heikki P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Notfatboy,

Thank you so much about your amazing review, it is always a nice pleasure to us to read this kind of comments. I can promise that We will do our utmost to keep our service at high level.

Have nice winter season and remember that Plaza welcomes you back, when ever you coming to Helsinki. Take care and keep smiling!

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Great location, great service, extremely good breakfast. Rooms are big and quiet. You feel like home here. Atmosphere is unique in the rooms and you can see pictures about house and it's long history around corridors even though hotel itself is new and modern. One of the best hotels in Helsinki.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
2  Thank zonib
Petri_Uronen, Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear zonib,

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

It´s truly nice to hear that the location and especially service in Plaza is great and you really liked our Super Breakfast. Plaza was originally built in 1921 and we rnovated the whole hotel during 2012. At Plaza history meets design.

Warmly welcome back to Plaza soon again.

Warm Regards,