“Nice hotel but...”

Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki
Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Helsinki
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Radisson Blu Plaza in Helsinki is very nice. The interior is very interesting since they have managed to combine old part of the building with the new one and at least I found the result appealing. Hotel guests are mainly from abroad, so it is easy to get an international feeling while staying there. The location is very convenient, close to everything - but it does not disturb your sleep. My room - 305 - was spacious and the decoration was ok. The bed was one of the best ones I have slept in at at a hotel. The con with this hotel was that one of my cream bottles - the most expensive one - disappeared when I was staying there. It could not be found and the last place where I saw the bottle was my bathroom at the hotel. This was the first time I ever lost anything while staying at a hotel. The next time I go to Helsinki I do not think I will stay at Radisson Blu Plaza

Room Tip: I would not like to have a room facing the street which leads to the railway station
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kahtryn
Heikki P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Kathryn,

First of all thank you for your kind review. We have been looking for your lost item,
but unfortunately we haven't found anything. Our housekeeping manager has been trying to reach you via email, for more information about the lost item.

We are truly sorry about the inconvenience during your visit at Plaza.

If it is not too much trouble for you, please contact directly us: info.helsinki.plaza@radissonblu.com

Kind regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (2,195)

Reviewed May 15, 2013

The hotel was awesome! The location was amazing, close to everything! The rooms were super friendly and cozy and we had a comfortable experience. The room service and staff were awesome and did anything we wanted!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Petri_Uronen, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear HONdominik,

Thank you for your great feedback.

It´s so wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay here at Plaza. And I never get tired of hearing so positive feedback of our staff. That´s so nice...

Have a brilliant summer. We´ll be waiting for your next visit with us!

Kind Regards,
Petri Uronen
Front Office Manager

Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is a very nice and convenient place, right in the middle of everything (but quiet), my favorite place in Helsinki.
helpful staff and nice rooms, ... pity that the hotel was still under refurbishment last time I was there, the sauna was closed!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Dear guest,

Thank you kindly for your review.

Renovation is totally done, actually has been since beginning of this year. So please come to see new Plaza soon. We here are so proud of new Plaza.

And again it´s so wonderful to hear positive feedback of our staff. I´ll pass on your feedback for sure.

Kind Regards,
Petri Uronen
Front Office Manager

Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is a glorious hotel that is slap bang in the middle of Helsinki but lovely and quiet. Newly decorated a few months ago, it's got so much attention to detail from an extensive menu at the restaurant being on computer tablets rather than a paper menu, to the gorgeous cocktail bar - very James Bond! - decked out in jewel colours, velvet upholstery, chandeliers and chic little table lamps, to the mattresses on the beds that are extremely comfy...I think I'd return for the mattress alone...!

The breakfast is every bit as luxurious and varied as they say it is. Allow some serious time in the morning to sample what is the largest breakfast buffet I've ever seen at a hotel - and there are lovely touches amidst a huge selection e.g. darjeeling tea, soy yoghurt and all manner of nuts and seeds, so if you want to stay healthy, it's absolutely no problem.

We found the staff warm, welcoming and were made to feel right at home. Which, in a large hotel of this size, is not always a given.

The sauna is a lovely touch and the gym, although small, meant you could work out with weights and cardio.

Some things that surprised us a little were that the cocktail bar was closed on Sunday and Monday evenings and we found the choice of movies you could buy (6 euro) via the TV in your room a little disappointing.

Overall, would highly recommend here!

Room Tip: If you want a view of Helsinki ask for a room that is on the outside of the building - there are som...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was not expecting that at all. A lovely hotel, great location in the city centre yet set apart from the train station and trams, so really quiet spot.
I was given a room on the 8th floor, superb and one of the most comfortable bed I had in some time. Yes, the lack of desk is a little unusual, but you can relax a little and still do some work. I was not able to try the food as was eating out with a customer and then had to rush really early for a flight so no chance to sample any food at all. But the service was superb, room was great and this is most definitely a place that I will want to stay when I am back in Helsinki.
Trendy, clean, friendly staff, it had it all.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I really liked the hotel, it's fantastic location, room decor & size, breakfast, service, lobby bar...
But cleaner had forgotten to clean the toilet -there was need for using toilet brush- and the receptionist didnt really care.

Otherwise ok - might have been bad luck... Will probably return due to it's location and offer.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Heikki P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Mokoma,

Thank you for your feedback. We had pushd up our service, but it looks there is something still need to do. Feedbacks and reviews helps us to make our service even better.

We truly hope to see you back in Plaza again.

With best regards,

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Almost every visit to Helsinki I use this hotel. Now they renovated it and everything looking much better than it was before. The bed is now super. But other furniture in the room is from IKEA store, it's very Scandinavian, not so attractive. Still very good location. Generally recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mitrosha,

Thank you for your kind review, all our rooms, restaurants & bars and public areas are renovated at last year 2012 and is Now Open!

All our furnitures at rooms are Finnish design and made in Finland - not from IKEA store. Designers such as Pave Mikkonen and Sanna Pääkkönen from Archeus Architecture Ltd. were the main designers for our renovations. We also used lot Finnish famous desing on our hotel i.e.x Alvar Aalto and Eero Aarnio.

Our hotel is very easy to reach when arriving i.e.x by Allegro train from St. Petersburg.

Looking to see you back in Plaza - have nice spring time!

Best regards,