“Perfect vacation hotel”

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki
Ranked #28 of 64 Hotels in Helsinki
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Positives: heated floor in the bathroom, slippers, good buffet, good location (center), cool ambient lighting, so much soap to make bubble bath :)

Negatives: For me the building looked much older in real life from the outside than in the pictures.I doubted if it's the right place. But the inside was very modern. No free bicycles as promised (all were taken).

Didn't use room service.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kadisha A, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear Mr. Oliver F,

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. We value our customers' comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.
I would also like to thank you for your positive comments. Welcome back to the perfect vacation hotel!

Guest Relations Manager

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki

Reviewed February 10, 2014

overall i was very satisfied, though the bath salt wasn't replaced every time was consumed, and the bed sheets wasn't changed ones in three weeks, which was a downside. In other aspects a pleasant stay an a very nice hotel staff. Breakfast was also more than excellent.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Claudiu M,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
I am sorry to hear that your sheets weren't changed during your 3 weeks stay with us. I sincerely apologize for this. I have notified our housekeeping department about this as it is a part of our standard to change the sheets for stay-over guests every third day. Again, I apologize if this wasn't implemented in your case. For future reference, please don't hesitate to contact our Reception during your stay so that we can address any risen issues.
I am so glad to hear that you find our staff pleasant and that you enjoyed our Super Breakfast.

Thank you for doing business with us and I hope your stay with us will be more satisfying.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed February 7, 2014

The hotel is in town and not far from shopping and train station,have a little old style but is a nice hotel with big rooms.
Was good bed and had bathtube so was a relaxing good holiday there :)
breakfast was good had the main stuff nothing special :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Tanjalarem,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are glad that you had a good relaxing holiday.
I am sorry to hear that you find our style old. Next time ask for one of our rooms that had a facelift a couple years ago.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I found the reception staff friendly and helpful. I had a medical emergency and they set up an appointment at a clinic, which is why the service rating is high. The room was a twin room so very large but had seen better days and in particular the chairs were very stained. The bathroom was very good with a full bath and shower above both of which I used and were good. Breakfast is a buffet so there is a lot of choice. It gets very busy about 8.30, it's pleasanter earlier on. The coffee isn't very good though. Unfortunately my meal at Grillit was poor. There was a very limited choice. So I opted for the burger. However I was surprised to find the chips were covered in salt when they were served with the meal and the burger itself was also very salty. When I complained I was offered a 10% discount which didn't really seem satisfactory. I mentioned this when I checked out and the cost was deducted, which impressed me. As a lone woman on business I really need a hotel with a decent restaurant to save time. I went out the other nights after this experience. I had eaten there in the past but the menu unfortunately had changed.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Kadisha A, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Ms. Janet W,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us your feedback. I am glad tou hear that you find our reception staff friendly and helpful. We pride ourselves on our customer service and we do our best to meet our guests expectations.
Our rooms will be updated in the near future. I am sorry to hear that our coffee wasn't to your satisfactory. For possible future stayd with us, please note that special coffees (espresso, cappucino, etc) are available upon request.
Your feedback about our restaurant has been forwarded to our Restaurant Manager by my colleague that assisted you on departure. Again, I apologize. We are very appreciative of any constructive feedback so we can do a better job in the future!

Have a nice day!
Regards,
Service Manager

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I spent two days in Jan 2014 in that hotel. Very good location: subway station near and lots of shops and eating places also. Room was bigger than expected, clean and quiet. As i was there only one night is didnt visit sauna. Staff was very friendly and breakfast superior. I can recommend this hotel to others also.

Dear Mr. Vallotallin,

We appreciate you taking the time to give a review of your stay with us. It's always nice to get feedback from our guests, both good and productive.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we will be your first choice next time you visit Helsinki. And maybe you'll have time to visit our sauna!

Thank you.
Regards,

Reviewed January 20, 2014

This was my first time to Helsinki and I found the city to be quite charming even in the cold weather of January. The Radisson Royal was about a 20 minute drive from the airport and located close to public transportation. We found it easy to navigate to various points around the city and quickly get to our business meetings from here. The room was pleasantly spacious, with a comfortable bed, and equally spacious bathroom with a deep bath tub. The included breakfast in the morning was fantastic, although finding an available clean table was the luck of the draw. I eventually had to find a member of the staff who walked me around intending to show me there were plenty of available tables, only to realize that there were none and readied a table for me. There is no help outside the hotel for flagging taxis during the busy 8:30 rush in the morning, it was a chaotic scene and we decided to arrange a car privately the next day. Getting a taxi at all other times was simple and easy. The hotel bar was pleasant place to close out the day with friends, although the proliferation of chairs with no backs meant that you were not going to be able to sit back and simply relax if you were not lucky enough to get one of the prime seats. Finally I read a number of reviews below and I have to agree that despite there being free pay per view movies in business class rooms (mix of big screen movies from around the globe), the process for getting your free movie is quite confusing as the television clearly states you'll be charged. I do think the hotel could make this easier as it clearly confuses many customers. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
jukka_vantsi, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Micheal T.
Thank you for your review and for taking the prestigious time to write about your experience.
We are located in the heart of Helsinki, Just a few steps away from the Kamppi Metro Station. From the hotel it is very easy and quick to get to business meetings or to central shopping destinations.

In the morning rush hour (8:00-9.00) we try our best to get a taxi as fast as possible to our own taxi stand which is located next to the hotel.
TIP: We can book taxi to you in advance, so next time the driver is waiting for you in the lobby.

In the business class rooms the movies are free and we don´t take any charge of them. It is true that tv states that you´ll be charged. At the moment we are updating our tv-system and we hope that in your next stay the process is easier.

Greetings from cold and snowy Helsinki
Joni Väisänen

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Been here before and liked in both times. Located right next to Kamppi bus station/metro/shopping centre in central Helsinki, and even has its own taxi rank.

Rooms are decent, well mine was, a colleague had a smaller one they didn't like but the hotel quickly fixed it. I slept well and the best was nice though maybe a touch soft (both mattress and pillows) but personal preference. I liked the decor and amenities though, AC worked well, shower was excellent, towels nice, office desk and chair worked well, plugs sited usefully.

Breakfast is good, and you can ask for cappuccino etc, which gets you better coffee than the standard jug of filter coffee. Staff in all areas seem really very good - cheerful, helpful and efficient.

I will certainly be staying here next time I am in Helsinki, and I think the prices are very com petetive versus the generally high cost of everything in Finland.

Room Tip: Rooms in the building on the right (the one without the reception) seem a bit newer.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
jukka_vantsi, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much your for nice feedback. It is nice to hear
that you relished to stay with us. And in particular I was delight to
hear that you experienced that service was succesfull and the
staff was doing good work. We have nice property, but it is the
service which makes us as an excelent hotel.
ps. As you mentioned special coffees are always available on
our Super breakfast.