“Great Value...excellent service”

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki
Ranked #28 of 66 Hotels in Helsinki
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed fore 3 nights before and after a trip to St Petersburg. The staff very willingly stored our cases while we did this. The room was very comfortable and had all we needed including free wifi. Superb buffet breakfast included, and lovely dinner meals also.
The staff were fluent in English and VERY helpful.
Radisson also honoured their lowest rate guarantee when I found a cheaper rate for the room after booking with them directly on the internet and gave a 25% reduction...well done. It was handy (10 minute walk) from the train station and airport shuttle bus stop on the city.
We enjoyed the lovely summer weather in Helsinki, and the excellent service of the staff at the Royal....thank you

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 29, 2011

Hotel is old, runned down with odd smells.
Reception refused to book a taxi for me.
Restaurant for breakfast much too small and over crowded. Beds ok but with noisy aircon.
I will not go there anymore.

• Stayed: November 2010
2  Thank Larswahlin
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I stayed at the hotel Radisson Blu Royal Helsinki 3 nights and I was very happy. Hotel is very clean and the city center near the train station. (10 min. walk). The hotel is near many shopping opportunities. Staff are nice. Check in and check out quickly and without waiting. Breakfast is great. Highly recommended hotel !

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank JOGAB53
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Hi we have just come from here, and would like to say what a terrific city Helsinki is.
The hotel was so comfortable, and the staff delightful, breakfast yummy.
Beautiful weather saw us using our Helsinki card to the maximum, we took a tour of Helsinki to get our bearings. Visited the design area, wandered the boulevard and had a delicious ice-cream, warning beware the seagulls they sure are a problem. We visited the fortress island which is a must, lovely day lovely weather. Managed to get Arabia and used the trams which are not too hard.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2011

pros:Very nice hotel, excellent breakfast, centrally located, highly suggested for sightseeing trip, good value for money.
cons:none!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Stayed here for work. The reception looks a bit dated but comfortable and the check in was smooth. The room, however, was tiny and I was really quite surprised.

I must note that the restaurant is fantastic, both for dinner and for the included breakfast.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2011

We arrived into Helsinki at midnight, got to the hotel--decent looking place and checked in.

Then, up the the room, opened the door and it was like swimming in an ashtray. It was like being in the smoking section of a Pan-Am flight circa 1980.

There must have been a mix up as I and my colleague booked 'non-smoking' rooms. (I've travelled in Europe, Latin America and Asia and never had this problem) So, I went down to reception to change rooms: "sorry, it's non-smoking--if available" I kind of you didn't read the fine print answer. Whilst I was at reception my colleague called the reception and asked to be move. At least I wasn't the only one. Apparently there are multiple floors with smoking. So, at 1am we moved hotels. The reception was at first resistant, but then called to find us another hotel.

Net: ok location, average hotel, rooms looked decent, but make sure you confirm a non-smoking room.

Also, if you can get a good rate, Hotel GLO and Hotel Kamp are outstanding.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank IncredibleTrilogy
jukka_vantsi, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2011

I am sorry about problems your faced on your trip to Helsinki
and Radisson Blu Royal. We still have 10 smoking rooms in our
proberty, and on that night hotel was fullybooked.
I hope you have a possibility to see our just renovated and nice
non-smoking rooms on your next trip to Helsinki.