“Disappointing meal, some redeeming qualities” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating
Juneau, Alaska
“Disappointing meal, some redeeming qualities”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

We were hungry when we got to Gringos Locos and wanted some good tex-mex. I wasn't expecting it to be anything like I can get in the American Southwest, but for the prices (high-Helsinki) and what you get and the atmosphere I will not be going back to this restaurant.

I was first disappointed with the amount of choices available on the menu...not enough dishes to choose from!

The kids' hamburger was quite good, actually, and the fries also were very nicely spiced. My expensive margarita was not even filled close to the brim of the glass - a big pet peeve of mine. If you are going to drink margaritas and pay for them then fill up the glass!

I ordered vegetarian fajitas and the guacamole was bland, the servings of salsa, sour cream (they didn't use real sour cream I don't think), and quac, were very small - I think this dish was 20 EUROS! Also, they forgot the beans and I had to chase down the waiter to get them...the veggies were a good variety and cooked nicely so, it was good, just not much flavor. Just disappointing - holistically wasn't a very good tex mex meal.

The clincher was the pool of vomit on the floor on the way to the bathrooms. Evidently someone had gotten sick but the staff were not quick to pick it up.

I almost rated this restaurant as average. But with the high prices and just not being very good food or service I had to go down to poor. There were quite a few locals eating here however so maybe they know better dishes to order or their expectations are not as high as mine are for quality tex mex food.

Visited September 2012

• Finnish first
Helsinki, Finland
“Don't go”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Went there first time about little over an year ago. Food was overall terrible (except the chicken wings). Gave it a second chance recenlty, but not worth it. Food was still cold, tasteless and looked liked it been cooked days ago. Service has been good both times, but it doesn't help the experience to make up for the food. It's sad, because the location, decoration and service is all there. Btw, I sent an email for the restaurant hoping that maybe in time they would do something about the food (after first time), got back very rude email in attitude of "that's too bad that you think so". So i think there is some lack of respect for the customers also from the management.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Kranj, Slovenia
“Nice food which is even spicy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Gringos Locos is pretty nice place with perfect location, when you are tired heading back to center from Olympic stadium. Food tastes good, prices are on lower end for Finland, but what really impressed me was taste of their food and spices.
Normally in Finland (and in rest of Scandinavia) word spicy has completely different meaning then in more southern countries. So when I got grin from bartender when ordering their spicy burritos, I didn't expect what I got. I was expecting to get yet another mild non spicy burritos, yet they surprised me with really nice spicy one.
So if you are tired of Finnish way of "spicy" food, Gringos Locos is definitely place to go, to get some great tasting and spicy food. In case really spicy food is not your preference, I suggest you to stay with food from their menu, which doesn't contain burning sculls next to their name.

• Visited July 2012
Tel Aviv, Israel
“nice place with great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

in the summer days you can sit out on the balcony, the place is we decorated and nice to sit at.
food is very good (from what i had a chance to order) the service is slow so if you are in a hurry take it on mind.
service is as good as can be.

• Visited June 2012
Helsinki
“Pretty good Texmex Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

This restaurant chain comes from Lappeenranta where I had visited once. I liked that place so I was glad to see one here in Helsinki. Unfortunately the atmosphere isn't that good and you have to wait a long time for service. Some of the personnel are very friendly and some very shy. Any way I have been there twice and I will probably go there again.

Visited April 2012