“Fine hotel”
Review of Hotel Kamp

Hotel Kamp
Ranked #5 of 66 Hotels in Helsinki
Reviewed May 25, 2013

An excellent hotel but be warned that the wi-fi service is exorbitant. This was the only hotel at which we stayed in Northern Europe, Russia and Poland that did not offer free service. Apparently this is a Starwood policy.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank fredandjerry
Write a ReviewReviews (1,502)

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I actually visited this hotel for business a few years back, and the hotel met and exceeded my expectations in most every aspect. The rooms are old-world Europe and graceously elegant. The bed could have been a bit more comfy, and the pillows a bit lumpy. I was there in late November, early December when there is very little day light, so I felt like sleeping 24 hours a day. The front desk staff was wonderful and made sure our taxi was waiting each morning to take us to work. The hotel is located in the very center of Helsinki, but Helsinki isn't exactly a large metro area.

A word to the wise. Unless you have an unlimited expense account, DO NOT eat, drink, or use any amenities that cost you money in the hotel. A beer will set you back $15USD and a mixed cocktail $20-25USD. Just like all Nordic countries, Finland in itself isn't cheap, so bring out your calculator before eating or going out anywhere. Otherwise, you might go into cardiac arrest when you arrive home and see your Ameican Express bill!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank kgossum
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Nice hotel and room. Found communication to be difficult with the front desk regarding a tour. The manager on duty (Vivica) was excellent with getting me on the tour I wanted and it was very last minute too..Literally.

Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Traveler20117
Reviewed May 20, 2013

One of the reasons as a tourist you travel to Europe and its great capitals is to escape back in time and indulge in this type of iconic perfectly situated hotel.

A stay here doesn't encourage however much touring. My wife and I constantly found ourselves being drawn back to the hotel interrupting our program to enjoy the facilities and grandness notably the terrace bar/cafe where we found our special moments indulging with champagne along the Esplanadi park.

Of course the rooms are not large but any modesty in that regard is more than compensated with oozing charm and a luxury feel.

Breakfast daily at Brasserie Kamp was each day memorable.

After four days in the city, it was the only hotel we would consider returning to - in fact felt we chuffed each time we returned during our stay.

Room Tip: Upper park or at least street view - avoid back rooms
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lynden K
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Hotel Kamp for three nights and would've given it five stars if not for two things. 1) the king size bed was really two twin mattresses pushed together. Maybe couples prefer thius, but as I was traveling alone, I would've liked one mattress as they separated whilst I slept creating an uncomfortable gap. 2) the pillows were almost non existent. Whether you prefer soft or firm didn't matter there just wasn't much pillow there. Otherwise everything else was perfect. I'm guessing these two things were a fluke and I'd definitely recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank JATravels07
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Great service, excellent rooms, superb breakfast. Honestly, everything was pretty much perfect and we had a very positive experience overall.

Negative:
* the bar downstairs was very expensive during the evening. One 0,4 l beer (regular brand): 11.20€....

* No extra electric socket in the bathroom for curling iron or similar (or at least I wasn't able to find one, but had to unplug the hotel hair drier and use that socket for my curling iron. It was underneath the sink and difficult to reach). The socket for a razor didn't work for my curling iron.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tuulia N
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Excellent service, very friendly and helpful staff, nice room, luxurious bed and pillows. Just love the valet parking... We really enjoyed our stay with my daughter, no bother that Justin Bieber was staying there at the same time… Location excellent in the heart of the city, close to everything.

Room Tip: Best views are to the direction of the Esplanade park.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family