“Incredible imaginative dining...”

Luomo
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

We had the most beautiful, surprising and delicious meal. Very imaginative dishes, peppered with divine 'tasters' throughout. As other reviewers have pointed out, this is beyond one star dining - surely two or three. Well worth a trip.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

We arrived by foot, myself in heels wandering through the cobble streets from our hotel. The restaurant is camouflaged in a rather small street, not too far from a local theatre. If I didnt recognize their logo we would have missed it, its so tiny. Only thirty matrons at best can be seated for a 3 hours meal. I'm quite sure they only have two seatings, very early and starting at 8:30. What do they say? Never ever trust a book by it's cover. After being seated they asked if we wanted champagne, sure we said. A few mins after they brought an amuse bouche. We knew after that one small amuse bouche that we had embarked on a culinary adventure that we'd both always remember.
I'll try and not embark on a diatribe, but the food is perhaps some of the best dishes I've ever had, and this is saying a lot since both my husband and I really really enjoy the best restaurants money can buy all over Europe and Americas. The food here is incredibly prepared, the combination of flavors nothing short of exquisite. You have a three, five or seven course choice, with wine pairing should you choose. We selected the five course with wine pairing and it was magical. Some of the wines they selected for the dish was a little young, but it did fit the flavor. Maybe not my choice, but I can see why it was selected. Everything had a pair, from the bread, wine and palette cleanser it all worked together in symbioses. A truly unforgettable experience. Now my only question is why it was not given more then one Michelin star, having eaten in other three Michelin star restaurants - this one deserves three without a doubt. The only thing I'd change is the atmosphere and perhaps the waiters could be just a little less stiff, but that is just me. Apart from this, the whole evening was just plain perfect. A must do dinning experience for anyone who really enjoys good - I mean awesome cuisine.

5  Thank eliane_22
Reviewed April 19, 2012

The seafood app was smoking and amazingly good and the Veal was amazing as was the chocolate dessert.

1  Thank ebrown16
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We visited Luomo one midweek evening with my wife and had 3 course meals both. We were very happy for what we got. Service was friendly and nice. Local foods were used and they were very innovative like "Finnish summer soup" (vegetable soup) made a bit different.
Very well worth the Michelin star.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

We went to celebrate our anniversary and ordered the seven course meal. We were given at least three extra little dishes during the evening. The service was impeccable, discreet, pleasant and yet warm. Felt really cared for throughout. The food was delicious, interesting but very successfull combinations of flavours. If anything could be improved, it would be the wine selection that was rather boring and traditional, not in tune with the style of the meal. Recommend it thoroughly!

1  Thank seedwitch