“3rd time here. Good, authentic Thai food”
Review of Tamarin

Tamarin
Ranked #786 of 1,597 Restaurants in Helsinki
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Ate here Sat evening after going to the ballet in Helsinki. It's on our road, and near to where we live and we had eaten here twice before - successfully. It was 10pm and they welcomed us, even though there was only one other table occupied and they would probably have preferred to go home! We ate good, authentic Thai food - the green curry with tofu is very good and quite spicy - the way I like it. We had 2 appetizers, 2 main courses and a half-carafe of house wine. All very good. Bill Euro 50, so not bad. We were out by 11pm as we - and they - were tired. But we didn't feel rushed, even when we saw the 2 chefs leaving for the night! It's a good, local restaurant. Haven't tried the others in Helsinki but would do so.

Reviewed October 30, 2011

I had initially made other plans for dinner, but honestly, this was so close to our hotel and one of the few places open on a Sunday evening, we ended up here. The decor is modern and really nice, the prices are good, the service was kind and efficient.

Something was probably lost in translation, as I was hoping to get my beef dish mild, but I guess since it is called 'spicy beef' I should have expected as much. This was blow the lid of the top of my head spicy, but I got most of it down as I just hate to waste food. That was my poor choice, yet my husband thoroughly enjoyed his meal. Everything is served with rice, which was good, because I was unable to communicate with our server when asking if I could order rice as I didn't really understand if everything had to be ordered separately or not. Anyhow, we also asked for some tap water, which was brought in a large glass carafe with some lemon in. A nice touch. I think this was a very good value for Helsinki especially given the nice atmosphere.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

Best thai lunch buffet in the area. Food is nice and spicy, higher quality of meat / chicken / vegatables than in a lot of other thai places. Service is always very friendly and efficient. The restaurant itself is tidy and comfortable.

Reviewed June 29, 2011

Good, tasty and rich Thai lunch buffet. Nice prices, nice atmosphere and good service.
Clean tables even at the busiest lucnh time. Seems to be very popular for the nearby office workers.

Reviewed April 5, 2011

Nice atmospere, but not so authentic Thai kitchen. Tom Yam Kung was more or less ok, but the Grapao I ordered with chicken meat as a main dish came with beef and was very very mild, not spicy at all as it should have been. So I returned the dish back to the kitchen with my comments. Finally I got the dish with chicken and properly hot as well.

Overall I agree with the fellow reviewers that Tamarin has Asian fusion kitchen, not Thai kitchen.