“You must stay here if you visit Helsknki!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Haven

Hotel Haven
Ranked #5 of 64 Hotels in Helsinki
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
“You must stay here if you visit Helsknki!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed at hotel haven on our trip to Helsinki, we liked the reviews that we read and from the pictures it looked really nice and we were not disappointed! From the moment we entered the door we were treated like friends, nothing was too much trouble. The hotel is very relaxing and has great views of the harbour. Buffet breakfast was very good and the whole experience was excellent.Another bonus is the hotel is situated near most attractions including the harbour, the shopping centre and a beautiful park. Hop on hop off bus leaves just outside. If we return to Helsinki we would certainly stop here again.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back so we had no view but if you pay a bit more there are views onto the harbou...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank tracy w

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Finnish first
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

the best hotel deal in helsinki after a long weekend trying other top tripadvisor hotels that were not at the same level. The Klaus K, compared to the Haven was disapointing. Big suite rooms, excellent location just next to the fish market place at the very core of Helsinki waterfront. It has great common areas topped by a glass covered courtyard where it is just great to have breakfast or chill out in the afternoon. Thee best so far after 3 hotel experiences in Helsinki

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Most of the time, the Haven provided service equal to or better than its peers. In two instances, however, they missed the mark. It seems to have been very dependent on the people running the front desk.

On the positive side, our check in with Matilda and subsequent dealing with Jonna was absolutely amazing. They did everything to accommodate our needs. My first room was smaller than I assumed. They offered an upgrade at a minor upcharge, which was greatly appreciated. Because of our early wake up times, they bumped us up one more level of room, which had better privacy shades. I did not request this, but was done at their discretion. I made some special requests (fan, towels, etc.) all of which were done quickly and with a smile. Jonna was enthusiastic and seemed very happy to be helpful. I could not have asked for better service. She was great in finding places to eat, travel, and other requests. The carpets are white, which shows stains easily. That being said, the rooms were very clean, well maintained and comfortable. The décor is modern, but typical for what I experienced in Finland. This is not an old city. The bathrooms are very nice and had attractive frosted glass sliding doors.

My only complaint is that the front desk missed my wake up call TWICE. The same morning staff also failed to get a taxi on time. For the third day, I asked Jonna to help. While she did not work the morning shift, she made sure my call was on time and the airport driver was early. She is great.

Overall, this hotel is amazing and I would make it my first stop when going to Helsinki. I am convinced the morning issues I had were due to the same employee (I wish I knew his name). The rest of the staff and hotel exceeded my expectations and deserve high praise. It is difficult to express how amazing most members of the hotel staff were. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Profguy
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This luxury hotel is located on a quiet side street next to the lovely Market Place.Location could not be better. I had a "comfort" room which did not face the harbor, spend more and get " a room with the view" to the harbor.
Staff is very friendly.
My room had dirty carpet, that was my only complaint.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Cleanliness
2 Thank bitsy1111
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The Haven hotel in Helsinki is a wonderful, relaxing place to stay. Close walking distance to the city and harbour. Helpful staff and a beautifully renovated room. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank pussycat21
Jad L, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Haven, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear pussycat21,

Thank you for your lovely review of Hotel Haven.

We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel a relaxing plkace. Indeed we are in a walking distance from all the main sites.

We look forward to welcome you again.

Best regards,

Jad Lian
Guest relations manager
Hotel Haven
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We just started staying at the group Small Luxury Hotels of The World and Hotel Haven being part of this nice little chain does not disappoint. It is a lovely small hotel with a charming bar area. I particularly liked the dark woods and all the dog pillows!
My room was large and very comfortable. Only two minor complaints. Half the room is tiled, which is lovely but hard on bare feet. Perhaps a nice rug to break it up. And the lighting in the bathroom makes you look like a movie star! That's because it is so dark anyone would look good. I would suggest a light up makeup mirror...
The concierges were well versed about their city and had bicycles to loan for free! Nice touch.
The breakfast had everything one could hope for and a choice of sitting outdoors or inside.
And best of all Hotel Haven is located right in the middle of everything. You can walk everywhere - it bike to the further places. Total experience - a joy!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank NewYorkBulldog
Dear NewYorkbulldog,

Thank you for this great review of our Hotel.

We are so pleased that you found a home away from home. We are very proud to be the first Hotel in Finland to be member of Small Luxury Hotels of The World, our Haven bar is well known for its selections of the best rums and whiskies in Helsinki.

Regarding your constructive feedback , we have forwarded them to the departments.

Our concierges are all members of Les Clefs D’or and trained to know the best our city has to offer and having a central location makes us indeed close to all the attractions and to Helsinki’s best culinary scene.

Our bikes are, for our guests, as you mentioned free of charge and available to borrow from the reception. Helsinki offers great bicycling routes and is surely a great summer destination!

We look forward to welcome you again to Hotel Haven.

Kind regards,

Jad Lian
Guest relations manager
Hotel Haven.
Ringwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Great hotel tucked behind the Main Street. Close to ferry, shopping and sightseeing. Brilliant breakfast. Funky rooms. Friendly staff. I don't need a view so I was not missing it. There may be more ostentatious places to stay but this suits me fine.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business