Hotel Haven
Ranked #8 of 66 Hotels in Helsinki
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Excellent location in center of Helsinki, near the harbour. Hotel staff was really friendly, room feels like it was brand new. Room interior was personally decorated with good taste. Amazing breakfast!

Room Tip: Remember to ask room with view to harbour.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tonis32
Jad L, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Haven, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear tonis32,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review.

We are so pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us in our little heaven.
We look forward to welcome you again at Hotel Haven.

Kind regards,

Hotel Haven.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,100)

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I have just stayed in Helsinki over night whilst on a business trip. this hotel was recommended to me by another colleague and I have found it to be excellent, clean, very comfortable and the service has been helpful, no complaints. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2014

The location is quite good in the heart of the Finland's Capital. The lobby and the lobby bar are nice and welcoming, although the service at the bar not so good (a bit neurotic bar tender, I would say).

Hotel is new, and everything is very nice and tidy. Still, even we upgraded our room to Style, which was supposed to offer some extra space, the room was pretty small, only bed and tv-table. The normal Standard room in most hotels is bigger. The room furnishing was of good quality and shower and toilet in excellent condition. Well, new place, of course they are.

The entrance from the elevator to breakfast is somewhat 2star experience, strange corridors with no sign.

The breakfast is a bit disappointing. Very narrow offering, a limited set from the usual hotel breakfast, really nothing new. Fortunately, food was of good quality, like cold smoked salmon, which on many cases is not eatable at all.

The hotel is nice, but we really got no WOW effect. Comparing to eg. Radisson, nothing special.

Room Tip: Well, if proposed Style room upgrade and inner court view, not worth a penny. No views or something...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This is a fantastic hotel in Helsinki. I stayed for two nights in February, and enjoyed it quite a bit. My room was massive. Even the bathroom had multiple rooms. The bed was a king but it was really just two twins put together but since I was alone this didn't bother me. If I was with someone else, I would prefer a real king. That is the only criticism I have.

I purchased room service late one weekday night (a hamburger and a fruit salad). The hamburger was huge and delicious and their selection of seasonal fruit was top notch. One of the best room service meals. I had just come from two 5 star hotels in London and Haven blew them away!

The service was very good. I should have paid the extra 40 euros for a suite with a water view. All in all, this is a great hotel

Room Tip: Pay for the water view!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TRC_Commentator

Dear TRC_Commentator,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel.

We are pleased to know you spent a lovely stay with us. We wish you had informed us about the king size bed as we actually do have king size beds available in all our room categories and would without hesitation have been able to make the change, never less we hope you had good sleep with us as our lovely mattresses made especially for us by Unikulma which we have had excellent reviews of so far.

Our Room service is available 24/7 and we only use fresh and high quality ingredients. Glad to know that you enjoyed your meal during your stay.

It is indeed a shame you did not upgrade to the view but we will make sure to offer you a sea view room for your future stay as the view of the Helsinki harbor area is mesmerizing and special.

We look forward to welcome you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights in February and found it quite easy to walk to from the central bus station. Bus 615 from the airport gets you to the main square and it really is a 10 minute walk from there to the hotel.

No problems regarding check in and the room was absolutely amazing. King Sized bed, amazing TV with a smaller TV in the bathroom and exactly the right temperature. I really appreciated the fact that there was also a sofa and footstool in the room so I didn’t have to watch TV in bed, or in an uncomfortable chair. The free WIFI worked really well and I got pretty impressive upload / download speeds (which is something I really look for in a hotel as am constantly connected to the internet) The toiletries in the bathroom were Elemis and were replenished both days and the entire room was spotlessly clean.

Breakfast was in the restaurant in the basement which meant you did have to walk outside for all of 0.34 seconds – hardly an inconvenience and one of the nicest things about breakfast was the fact you got a massive mug of tea (or coffee) none of those mini ‘polite’ cups! Being English, I am somewhat addicted to tea, therefore it was nice to have a large mug of caffeine for breakfast. A lovely assortment of fruit, cheese, meats and pastries to choose from so you won’t go hungry. We got down there at 08:15 on Saturday and Sunday and there were only another 3-4 groups of people at breakfast, therefore I’d suggest 08:30 would be pretty OK to ensure you get a seat. The restaurant wasn’t the biggest I’ve seen, so there is the potential for it to get quite busy if you go later – not something that I tried, however.

Both nights we got a knock at our respective rooms and got given water by the hotel which was a nice touch.

The quality of the rooms was really good and they were serviced to a very high standard – whilst the weather in Helsinki was pretty dire the entire weekend, the thought of heading back to a lovely hotel room meant the holiday was a lot better than it could have been.

Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 808 on the top floor and it was awesome.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Holly_82
Reviewed February 23, 2014

One of my Finland based suppliers recommended the Haven to me so I was expecting a good hotel and was very pleasantly surprised on what the Haven had to offer. It's location is excellent, bar area excellent and the breakfast area very good. This hotel would suit both business and leisure travellers and the rooms are very good.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Hotel haven is beautiful hotel, from the exterior it may not look all that, but inside its a delight. I booked the comfort room, although this was the cheapest option, it more than sufficed. Well decorated, Big bed, bang and olfsen tv, large bathroom with also with tv.
The location of the hotel is great, right by the water, and a short walk to the cathedral.
The staff were outstanding, polite, efficient and very friendly. Breakfast was informal buffett style which works for me. With a variety of foods; bacon, eggs, smoked salmon, fresh fruits etc. also breakfast is served until 11 on the weekend which gets a big thumbs up!
The hotel bar is smart and extremely comfortable, if you like spirits, then you will not be dissapointed, there are so many too choose from and the cocktails are outstanding!
I would stay here again if i came back to Helsinki.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Honestgone

Dear Honestgone,

Thank you for writing your lovely review of Hotel Haven.

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed all the little details available in our establishment. Our breakfast is complimentary always and with high quality ingredients.
The Bar Haven offers a wide collection of rums and whiskies and is one of the most cozy places in town.
We look forward to welcome you again to Hotel Haven.

Best regards,