Hotel Haven
$190
$163
ScandicHotels.com
1,175 results
All reviewsharbour viewsmall luxury hotelmarket squarelovely hotelold marketbeautiful roomrooms are spaciousfive star hotelesplanade parkperfect locationbreakfast is servedyogurtlobby barbreakfast roomferry terminalporridgehotel kamp
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights in February and found it quite easy to walk to from the central bus station. Bus 615 from the airport gets you to the main square and it really is a 10 minute walk from there to the hotel.

No problems regarding check in and the room was absolutely amazing. King Sized bed, amazing TV with a smaller TV in the bathroom and exactly the right temperature. I really appreciated the fact that there was also a sofa and footstool in the room so I didn’t have to watch TV in bed, or in an uncomfortable chair. The free WIFI worked really well and I got pretty impressive upload / download speeds (which is something I really look for in a hotel as am constantly connected to the internet) The toiletries in the bathroom were Elemis and were replenished both days and the entire room was spotlessly clean.

Breakfast was in the restaurant in the basement which meant you did have to walk outside for all of 0.34 seconds – hardly an inconvenience and one of the nicest things about breakfast was the fact you got a massive mug of tea (or coffee) none of those mini ‘polite’ cups! Being English, I am somewhat addicted to tea, therefore it was nice to have a large mug of caffeine for breakfast. A lovely assortment of fruit, cheese, meats and pastries to choose from so you won’t go hungry. We got down there at 08:15 on Saturday and Sunday and there were only another 3-4 groups of people at breakfast, therefore I’d suggest 08:30 would be pretty OK to ensure you get a seat. The restaurant wasn’t the biggest I’ve seen, so there is the potential for it to get quite busy if you go later – not something that I tried, however.

Both nights we got a knock at our respective rooms and got given water by the hotel which was a nice touch.

The quality of the rooms was really good and they were serviced to a very high standard – whilst the weather in Helsinki was pretty dire the entire weekend, the thought of heading back to a lovely hotel room meant the holiday was a lot better than it could have been.

Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 808 on the top floor and it was awesome.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Holly_82
Reviewed February 23, 2014

One of my Finland based suppliers recommended the Haven to me so I was expecting a good hotel and was very pleasantly surprised on what the Haven had to offer. It's location is excellent, bar area excellent and the breakfast area very good. This hotel would suit both business and leisure travellers and the rooms are very good.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Hotel haven is beautiful hotel, from the exterior it may not look all that, but inside its a delight. I booked the comfort room, although this was the cheapest option, it more than sufficed. Well decorated, Big bed, bang and olfsen tv, large bathroom with also with tv.
The location of the hotel is great, right by the water, and a short walk to the cathedral.
The staff were outstanding, polite, efficient and very friendly. Breakfast was informal buffett style which works for me. With a variety of foods; bacon, eggs, smoked salmon, fresh fruits etc. also breakfast is served until 11 on the weekend which gets a big thumbs up!
The hotel bar is smart and extremely comfortable, if you like spirits, then you will not be dissapointed, there are so many too choose from and the cocktails are outstanding!
I would stay here again if i came back to Helsinki.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Honestgone
Jad L, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Haven, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Honestgone,

Thank you for writing your lovely review of Hotel Haven.

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed all the little details available in our establishment. Our breakfast is complimentary always and with high quality ingredients.
The Bar Haven offers a wide collection of rums and whiskies and is one of the most cozy places in town.
We look forward to welcome you again to Hotel Haven.

Best regards,

Jad Lian
Guest Relations Manager
Hotel Haven.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

The location is fine and the rooms are comfortable but the hotel has various drawbacks, besides being an ugly building. One is that breakfast, which is not up to the standards of this category of hotels, is served in a separate building, requiring guests to cross a courtyard in the freezing cold or the rain or the snow - to find a closed door until 7 a,m. Indeed, it breakfast starts rather late in this hotel. Another unpleasant surprise is that while rooms are equipped with a kettle, there are no tea or coffee bags, unlike in virtually all hotels I have stayed in across Northern Europe. Upon investigation, it is possible to purchase those at an exorbitant price, but frankly, given how expensive the rooms are, this is a disgrace. There is no pool and only a minuscule gym.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Seasondtraveller
HotelHaven, Manager at Hotel Haven, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear Seasondtraveller,
Thank you for your review and I would like to apologise that during your recent stay we did not meet your expectations. Our breakfast is served at Restaurant Havis and can be accessed from both inside the hotel and outside from our glass covered terrace.
We have recently added a kettle to all our guest rooms and for a small fee of 5€ we offer a complete tea set with a variety of teas, honey, sugar and milk.
Our hotel gym located on the first floor is complimentary to all our guests and is accessible 24/7.

I once more thank for your review and hopefully we get the chance to welcome you back to Hotel Haven.

Kind regards,

Janne Ant-Wuorinen
Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Centrally located, this hotel is fun with great rooms and a fun whisky flavoured bar. The hotel is boutique in style and is funky. Its location is great for exploring downtown Helsinki. Bedrooms were great. They are large and very quiet. Breakfast is buffet style but is a little average. I had room service which was good and efficient. The rate was excellent for the quality provided.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business