“Best hotel in Helsinki”

Berlin, Germany
“Best hotel in Helsinki”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Location, location, location!
The hotel is right next to the harbour and the city center with lots of nice shops and restaurants.
The place is really cozy and warm and has a nice modern atmosphere. The rooms are spacious, nice box spring beds and you really feel "home". The service and team really go the extra mile!
The breakfast is perfect :))
I can highly recommend the hotel and if coming back, would always stay here.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Tasha-on-tour

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Finnish first
world traveler
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel is great, nice staff, beautiful decor, and is one of my fav's of all hotels in the world ive traveled.
Lots to take in, comfy beds,local's were nice.
Stayed here for a new years once many years ago as well, and them people can PARTAY!
Love love love this hotel!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank scott b
Turku, Finland
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have been in hotel many times during years and it is always a pleasure to come back. Very friendly staff, variety of design rooms and great location. Some of the rooms also have a great view. Breakfast can be crowded in the mornings.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Perfectroller
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed here for 1 week for business in the end of February from 20 to 27... what can i say about this amazing hotel?? The front desk staff could not be more friendly and cooperative in whatever i asked for. I remember the 2nd day of my stay was too rainy and i was late about an appointment and they offered to find me a taxi and gave him directions of how to get me there the quicker i could. The room was fabulous. I will surely come back here but this time for vacation with my family!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kimm M
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I made a fairly last minute reservation at Hotel Haven while I was in Helsinki for 4 days for business. You cannot go wrong, everything was perfect. The front desk staff was so very friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to do the "little extra things" that make a stay so much nicer. For example, my taxi was coming at 6am to take me to the airport and they arranged for coffee and light breakfast to be waiting for me in the lobby. The room was very comfortable and again, little thing, had a great hairdryer which even the nicest hotels are usually lacking. The bed was perfect and the view was very pretty, even in the winter. Most of all, the location was awesome. Steps away from the beautiful park and steps away from great shopping and restaurants. Easy internet access with a good connection allowed me to facetime with my kids in USA and the restaurant was great for breakfast (and free). I needed to print a few documents and they were able to do so very easily and quickly. I definitely recommend Hotel Haven to anyone going to Helsinki for business or pleasure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank JSJS
Finland
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This time Haven was a heaven. Last time something prevented me for giving it full 5 stars (mainly breakfast). This time however, almost everything went smoothly. We stayed 2 nights in Lux room with a beautiful view to the harbor.

Check in and check out were handled in a second. The rooms are top notch with well thought furniture, nice bathroom with all necessary amenities (Elemis shampoos etc., TV), B&O tv and a supercomfy bed. Internet and breakfast were included to the price and the WiFi actually worked (I had to work from the room). 2 bottles of water is brought to you in the evening. There is also a thick bathrobe and slippers for the quests. My small request (and I believe most people do not agree with me) would be to replace the Nespresso machine with either a normal kettle and coffee or with another fancy coffee machine that would give you a proper cup of coffee with milk and a possibility to have a cup of tea instead on tiny cup of espresso (which is not my favorite). Our little baby had a baby cot and got his own bath amenities in a cute bag (a very nice touch).

The only weird thing was the cleaning. We didn’t get any or should I say that we got 10% of it. It seems that the cleaning lady came to our room, our bed was half made (duvet cover was nicely placed but comforter was lying on the floor), the towels were on the floor but the garbage cans were emptied. It seems like someone was cleaning our room and then suddenly something urgent happened and he/she had to leave.

Breakfast was better than last time although it is still slightly limited. They could add something special to that breakfast. We didn’t dine in the hotel but we have previously been to the hotel bar. Cosy bar with steep prices. Location is quiet but central. Only a few hundred meters from Esplanadi and all the main shopping streets. We stayed in this hotel first time 2009 and I think it has kept its charm. I couldn’t see much of a wear in the furniture and since the style is classic, it will work for years . I would definitely stay in Haven also in the future. Rooms are designed for my taste and everything worked well. I’m already waiting for a stay in the summer time when the city is blooming.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Saga_F
Copenhagen
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Excellent long weekend in Helsinki. On arrival we were offered a map, then the manager proceeded to circle the places we were interested in and print off a timetable of the ferry we wished to take the next day. Bar and restuarant staff very friendly. Each time we returned to hotel we were given a genuine greeting from desk staff. Spot on level of service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Valli G