“This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed”
Review of Hotel Haven

Hotel Haven
Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Helsinki
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I liked this hotel immediately: the design, the position, the service...the room !
I stayed here with a colleague of mine for 2 nights last year and we did enjoyed it very much. The breakfast was really very good too...It has 2 restaurants and both of them are really very good...
I suggest this hotel to anybody ... It is not cheap of course but the quality is top!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank annamariabernabei
There are newer reviews for Hotel Haven

Reviewed January 24, 2012

I'm a Finn and have stayed few times in this hotel, but experienced almost every other hotel in Helsinki as well - on a regular basis. There are many very good hotels in this city.
This hotel's premises are of high quality. Rooms nice, beds excellent, materials top class. Location is good but there are even better located hotels and many on this level.
Breakfast OK, but nothing special.

However... what bothers me is the staff.
Almost on each stay there's been an issue of some kind: room too hot or something like that. The issue has not been too big but what has made it bigger is that each time the staff has been unresponsive. And after each time I've kept distance to this hotel for few months. Then I tried again...
Two last times the issue has been more inconvenient, could be even dangerous for someone else.
I have an allergy on feathers thus I have in my profile always "no feather or down pillows/duvets".
Hotel Haven ignored this during my previous two stays, including this review's last stay.
Both times only in the morning did I realize this as my nose was bleeding and having a headache. These symptoms go away in the afternoon, but the day is spoiled anyway. Bad sleep quality and very tired though should be in a good condition for business meetings.
I mentioned about this at the reception during my chek out.
The staff's reaction was unresponsive.
A young trainee was dealing with me and obviously did not know how to act in this situation.
She just said "I understand". I don't blame her much as she was still training but the two senior workers that where standing beside her froze and did not say a word. I was the only customer there. They heard everything but no reactions what so ever. They even helped her with some computer entry issue during all this.
I realized the situation became unconvenient, though I just only mentioned about this issue.
I then said that this happened also on my previous stay, and it spoiled my sleep. I tried to direct my words towards the senior workers as well.
The trainee said confused "Well... I'm sorry...".
The senior workers tried to look invisible.
Not a single word.

No genuine friendliness in this hotel.

Won't be coming back - any more.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Jaatinen
HotelHaven, Manager at Hotel Haven, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Dear "Jaatinen"

First of all I would like to apologise for not meeting up to your expectations - I can assure you that we take your comments seriously, and in fact we are always aiming to be so much more than average.

I am very sad to hear what happened and especially as your feedback concerns our staff which is our utmost valued asset at Hotel Haven,

I have looked into the matter and you are right about the issue about the pillows and duvet. Your profile clearly states that you prefer “foam pillows and duvet”. This is an error of us that we have not taken the necessary means to make sure your preferences will be delivered.

I have talked to all of my staff about this matter and both the senior members of staff remember your feedback in the morning of your departure.

My apologies once more for letting you feel that they were unresponsive towards your feedback.

We have talked about this at our staff meeting and truly hope that your recent stay was not your last at Hotel Haven.
I hope you will consider returning in the future so that we can prove the opposite of your last stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any further comments.

Warm regards,
Janne Ant-Wuorinen, Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Very nice and quiet hotel, in good location at the city center.
The fitness room is small, but all needed was there and a big plus - accessable 24/7 with guest card!!!

The staff is very nice and polite.
Breakfast is excelent

A good example of a sence of humor you can see on the envelops you receive the bill in (see photo attached)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael P
Reviewed January 16, 2012

We only stayed for one night, but the rooms were spacious, well appointed and clean. The breakfast was delicious - the only tiny negative was that the breakfast hostess was less than welcoming (possibly because we had two very small children). Everyone else was helpful and accommodating and while it isn't exactly a hotel that caters to small children, it definitely worked for a family with young children.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kcbf
Reviewed January 15, 2012

This wonderful, tasteful, classy and cosy hotel sticks out as a truly memorable hotel visit. It is one of those hotels which actually adds to the experience of visiting a particular place. The location is truly excellent, about as central as one could wish for. The room we got was very spacy and absolutely beautifully decorated, with a flat screen TV in the bathroom as well. In the lobby area one could find very cosy seating arrangements just for relaxing with a cup of tea or drink after a few hours doing the town. Very nice breakfast setting in the adjacent restaurant, accessible through a beautiful winter garden. Top notch all the way through.

Room Tip: One may opt for a room without ocean view to get a bigger room for the same price, as we did, in the...
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Rooms and bathroom are a good size, tastefully decorated and spotless. Breakfast was fantastic with a good selection of hot and cold food. Service was especially friendly at breakfast and at the front desk, they even allowed us to have the room for an extra 3hours after normal checkout time as we had a late flight. Great location in the centre of the old town and only 5minute walk to the man city centre. Overall a fantastic hotel highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Bobbinson
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Excellent place! Attention to any detail. Good lockation. Five star service. Tasty breakfast. European comfort and finnish hospitality.

• Stayed: December 2011