“Nice place, but not as good as it used to be”
Review of Mange Sud - CLOSED

Mange Sud
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Mange Sud is a Mediterranean restaurant in a smart residential neighbourhood Eira in Helsinki. If you are looking for a relaxed atmosphere and good food matched with great selection of wines you have found your favorite restaurant.Our kitchen serves classic dishes, like Carpaccio, Bouillabaisse and Caesar salads. The cellar is stocked with an extensive selection of wines from great value to true classics, all served by the glass!
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Service was nice and athmosphere was warm. However, the food was disappointment and wine recommendations did not match the food. This restaurant used to be one of my favourites in Helsinki. I really hope that they will return to the top.

Good tip for those who are having a culture evening in Helsinki: All Mange Sud menus include a free taxi to the venue. You just need to book table before 6 pm and inform them that you want to have taxi to culture event after dinner. Check details from their website.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Mange sud is my favourite restaurant in Helsinki right now. It's top value with great food and service. The menus start from 34€ and recommended wines for the menu from 19€. You can always half the wine package if you don't want to get wasted. :)

I love the decor and the atmosphere. Book your table in advance on weekends.

2  Thank jenninen
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The restaurant has a pleasant decor, suitable lighting and nice atmosphere. I would describe the food as more north African than Mediterranean. To me Mediterranean implies a mix of Spanish, Southern French, Italian and Greek cuisine. At Mange Sud the biggest influence on the excellent menu is more Tunisian and Moroccan.

Service was very good, the wine list is pretty wide with reasonable sensible pricing (it is Finland after all!). Food was delicious and served in a timely and good way.

1  Thank Woimble
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I was with my husband dining in some summer evening in Mange Sud. The place was suprisingly fully booked. We have reservation but we got quite poor table from back of the restaurant.

Food was quite good but absolutely not worth of the money. Fortunately I got a coupon for lower price. POrtions was large, quality was average.

And then the service. Waitresses was nice and polite but they didn't have any idea how to handle their work. We waited 45 minutes to make our order. Other customers got wrong portions, not wine or wine list and so on. And nobody was saying sorry. It seems to be hard to find proper and skilled staff.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Our expectations where high, but the 3 courses dinner was not in balance. Tapas plates to start with where ok, lamb for main was just average, dessert was good.