Hotel Hanaholmen
GLO Hotel Sello(Espoo)(Great Value!)
$163
$135
  • Breakfast included
$104
Radisson Blu Hotel, Espoo(Espoo)(Great Value!)
$165
$158
Travelocity
Hotel Korpilampi(Espoo)(Great Value!)
$113
$109
$143
TripAdvisor
All reviewsquiet islandeasily accessible by public transportationparking placeour room was spaciouslovely hotellocation is greatshort walkcity centreconferencesaunafireplacehelsinkirenovationseaside
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2014

It is, once again, a bit unfair to assess a hotel after only one night stay. But what can you do? The location of Hotel Hanasaari is quite nice: a small island between Helsinki and Espoo. And it is quite easy to reach by public transportation as well if you are not afreid to walk perhaps 300 meters. The design of the hotel is very 70's. Dark tiles inside, long corridors and spacious rooms. And some nice pieces of art also from the same decade. My single room was ok, but not more. The single bed was narrowish. But I enjoyed the great seaview. The service was quite ordinary, but the meals suprisingly good, especially the breakfast with a lot of organic foods. I could go there again, but it wouldn't be my first choice in the capital area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2014

hotel build in 1970'thies. The swimming pool advertised was rented for a private occasion 3.4. Small group in one of the saunas. no access for hotel guests.

DO NOT USE THIS IF YOU ARE LOOKING FIR A HOTEL WITH GYM AND POOL, SINCE YOU MAY NOT BE GRANTED ACCESS.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I hosted an event at Hanasaari in december. We were very satisfied with the location, premises and service. The only thing that diminished the quality of our experience was the same lunch menu two days in a row! Rooms were comfortable and clean, facing the sea. Lots of parking space and easy access from Länsiväylä.

Room Tip: rooms with bath tub available by request
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I spent a night on a business trip. Quiet hotel, actually working air conditioning (I like my rooms chilled), beautiful view on the lake... if I need a place to stay when visiting the same client, I'l be coming back here for sure.
The breakfast spread was excellent, including several organic products.
I ate dinner at the hotel restaurant (called "Johannes") and the food was excellent, if in the spirit of fine dining, portions were a bit small.
Only negative thing is the same as in virtually every hotel I've ever stayed in: when you are two meters tall and broad of shoulder like me, shower space is too small and the toilet is awkwardly situated in the corner. But this is no deal breaker.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My (11 year old) daughter and I stayed here to start a European vacation and absolutely loved this place. The geographical situation was stunning, the staff were warm and helpful, and the breakfasts were great! Rolf at the front desk went out of his way to help us every day in some way and made our stay even more memorable. The hotel is also a museum of Swedish and Finnish art and design, reflected in the building itself, furnishings, sculpture and other art works throughout the building interior and grounds as well as actual gallery areas. All of this in a setting of spectacular natural beauty.

We did not use the pool and spa, but went for many walks on the rocky shore out front as well as forest and beach paths immediately accessible from the hotel. We also went for long bicycle rides on the bikes supplied by the hotel to explore some of the literally hundreds of bike paths and bikeways crisscrossing the Helsinki area (it is shocking how many of these there are providing a complete transportation network). There were computers and printers for guest use and a chess set that made for fun evening challenges.

Two small detractions: Housekeeping services comprised someone emptying the trash and straightening the blanket on the bed each day. Nothing was cleaned (cups and glasses left dirty, towels in bathroom left as found, floor not swept) so, although we are not dirty people, the room was starting to get a little less fresh after three days. And despite the stunning natural location, it was a little inconvenient being so isolated from all amenities - the bus ride to town was quite short at 10 min or so on express busses, but €4.50 each way to Helsinki and back along with the time made popping into town for a snack inconvenient. Most people drove to the hotel so would not have had this issue, and even for us it was not major, just required planning to make sure we got important things done on our daily trips to the city.

Overall we couldn't have been more happy with this hotel and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a unique natural and cultural experience in a gorgeous city. We were sad to leave.

• Stayed: August 2013