“Very Good Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Espoo
Zurich, Switzerland
“Very Good Hotel”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed in this hotel last week for a 5 day business trip, and I have to say that its a very nice and comfortable hotel. Its a bit old, however its well kept and maintained.

the breakfast is a feast of food, and good good....the fresh salmon at breakfast might be a bit of a crazy idea, but when you taste it....you immediately change your mind.

Was also having dinners there since its outside the city, there are no restaurants around. The food selection for dinner is not vast, but still good. Price wise its well set, and the food quality was always very good.

the only downside was that the gents sauna was a bit smelly (strong smell of sweat).

next time I visit Helsinki, I will stay here again,,,,, no doubt

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mercury C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Quiet and comfortable hotel. Beautiful lake just under the window - we had two hour trip around it and it was amazing. Booking.com missed one room of our two and we got two superior instead of standard as a compensation.
Highly recommend a smoked salmon in breakfast menu (everything else is perfect too).

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ShurGolovin
Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The hotel is nice, the outside is completely charmless and looks like an office building - but the rooms are clean and efficient, the restaurant has good food. The best part of the hotel is the location. It is right next to a beautiful lake you can walk around, surrounded by forest. And of course it's right next to the Serena water park - which is buckets of fun. I had a really nice stay here. The air is a little stuffy, it could be better air conditioned, and the restaurant is open sporadically and not all day. These are minor setbacks though, and overall it's a good choice. The breakfast buffet is varied and yummy, and I had the best club sandwich for dinner.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Petersburg Russia
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I like this place. I don't have any "interest" in it, but I like it a lot. I've been coming to Korpilampi since 1983. The facilities are great for professional/educational seminars (which I participated in, organized and ran there three, sometimes more, times a year through 2007). Because of circumstances beyond my control those activities stopped but I have nevertheless come back at least once every year with my family for "rest and relaxation." The hotel has a nice (low chlorine) pool, saunas, beautiful trails around the local "lampi" (tarn, i.e. glacial lake), a nice playground, very friendly staff (some of whom have been there for many years), good food and lots of little extras--ask at reception for things like postage or sports equipment (mini-golf or handball stuff). Helsinki's local waterpark and ski hill (Serena) is just a couple hundred yards away which really adds to Korpilampi being a year 'round place to stay, play and "study".

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Lappeenranta
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Nice hotel, not very new one. Service and rooms OK. I had problems with the wireless internet,
it was quite slow. Sauna was open in the evening and also in the morning. Good breakfast. Far from the city center (Helsinki). Good for nature lovers!

Room Tip: The basic room is OK, speaceful place to relax.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TicketWindow
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed October 21, 2012

So here´s the story. Our plan was to have relaxing family weekend surrounded by nature. I booked two suites with separate livingroom and bedroom with lake view. Sounded perfect, a little extra for my son and my parents and my brother and his wife. We took friday off from work and packed our bags and started rolling. This was something we had waited for, a weekend holiday away from school and work, a peaceful family vacation!

We arrived at the hotel on friday 3PM. We hadn´t eaten much because there was a restaurant at the hotel. We were really hungry, only to notice that the restaurant was closed till 5PM. Two hours to go, I should have checked the opening times in advance. Luckily I had some food in the car so we would manage.

We paid the rooms (you have to pay in advance, I wonder why..) and there was some hassle related to discount that we were entitled to. So we got the keycards and went to look for our suites. In the hallway upstairs the air was really humid like in a greenhouse. The air was stuck and it smelled like sewer. At the end of the endless hallway was finally the door. We tried not to breath, and quickly closed the door behind us. The air was little better inside the room.

The suite was nice and the view very beatiful, but there were no extra beds made as promised (that raised the overall price). Soon it was clear that we had to change the suite to two other rooms downstairs because my son has asthma. We went to ask the clerk where the odd smell is coming from and the reason was wet cleaning of fitted carpets on the hallway. There was cleaning in progress on hallway downstairs but the smell wasn´t so bad at the time. Cleaning machines were running in the evening and the carpet was considerably wet. Why were they cleaning the carpets in holiday time and on weekend if the result is this? They must have known, this is an old hotel. The clerk said he doesn´t know, he just works there.

We moved downstairs at the opposite of the other suite, that was accebtable, althought we had no view to lake anymore. Finally the hotel restaurant opened and we went to late dinner. My son was hungry and anxious to get food but for some reason, that I can´t figure out, he was the last one to get his portition (witch was a toast by the way, quite quick to prepare). I had steak, the most expensive serving on the Menu. My mother chose it also. Mine was ok, a little bit small and dry, but I was really hungry. It tasted a bit like liver but was described as fillet. There was strange sideflavour on my mothers stake, and the waitress asked if she can help and bring another piece of stake. That was nice thing to do, the waitress was pollite. The second piece of fillet was better but still there was some undefined sideflavour. I tasted it also and sure there was an artificial taste present at the sides of the fillet. Maybe detergent? I cannot say, but definitely should not include in fillet.

After dinner we went to sauna and to swim in the pool and in the lake. That was nice and relaxing. After that it was time to sleep. There was some smell in the hallway downstairs but not in the room. We thought that the situation was bad only upstairs and we were safe. We were wrong. During the night my astmathic son had to take some breathable medicine. In the morning the air in the room felt almost oxygen free and in the hallway air quality was similar to upstairs night before. Like running through pollution cloud. We went outside as my son´s face was pale and spotted. I wasn´t feeling good either and my mother felt distress in her lungs.

After an unpleasant negotiation we got our money back and left the hotel but our holiday was totally ruined. And after all this they dared to ask about restaurant bill. I´m not so sure if I´m satisfied for this "compensation" only. Very bad customer service and very bad for reputation.

In conclusion, I strongly advice not to concider this hotel. You have been warned. Never again.

Room Tip: There weren´t any good rooms at the time becouse all the fitted carpets on the hallways were wet cle...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank HolidayTraveler2012
Vaasa, Finland
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Quite impressed with the conference and meeting room. It is definitely a great choice for company events or team building exercise. Basic and clean room. The gym was not to big, but it had all the equipment you need for a good work-out. There was plenty of conference rooms. If you are a nature lover, looking for quiet and relaxing holiday or planning for a company event, this is definitely a good choice. In the restaurant the breakfast and dinner was good and in the evevning there was a small but nice dance floor. The Sauna was to small when you have a group meeting and want to relax afterwards with your collegues.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Espoo
Radisson Blu Hotel, Espoo
#34 of 65 in Helsinki
Scandic Park Helsinki
Scandic Park Helsinki
#22 of 65 in Helsinki

Been to Hotel Korpilampi? Share your experiences!