“Pleasant one night stay”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Espoo
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I stayed one night in this hotel and it was very pleasant stay indeed. Arriving to the hotel was good; there was very good parking hall just next to the hotel and check in was quick (thanks to staff). Room was nicely decorated and clean. Sleeping quality (noises and bed) was good. Breakfast was tasty basic continental breakfast. Check out was also quick and friendly.
I have to also recommend the restaurant on the first floor. Food was very good.
I would visit this hotel also next time.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank randomherohimself
Reception_Tapiola, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate and value customer feedback. It helps us to improve our service to be even better. So thank you very much for your kind and honest review!

We look forward to seeing you back soon!

020 1234 616

Reviewed April 6, 2014

What a nice surprise for a SOKOS hotel. Very good quality straight through.
Reception is nice and the hotel building and interior looks good and modern.
Rooms are great, you sleep good on the beds and the minibar is loaded as a Sokos minibar should be.
The personell in the reception is tri-lingual which is a great plus. Friendly and helpful as well.
They asked me how they stay was and really not pushing in the morning either though it is sometimes quite stressful for them in a short time.
Outside the hotel it is a nice view with green field areas and in the winter they have some kind of iced racetrack.
The parking if you come with wheels is located around 50 meters away from the entrance in a underground garage. Little expensive but worth it.
The hotel is located in the western part of the metro Helsinki area, somewhat far away from the airport and also central Helsinki so if you need to quickly get out of their in the morning it is not the right place.
But if you are in the western part for business and have wheels this is the perfect place.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reception_Tapiola, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your thorough and lovely feedback! I am really pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and we gladly accept to be on the 1st place of Sokos Hotels!
The team here are very eager to try to make everyone's stay really special, so they will be delighted with your feedback.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Good equipped rooms, nice room decoration and facilities, tasty food in Grill It restaurant (you must eat finnish fillet steak :). I recommend this hotel for business travellers. Espoo and Helsinki are very nice.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
hotelmng, General Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for visiting Original Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden. I am glad to hear that you also enjoyded our new restaurant Grill It. In a month we will have a beautiful renewed terrace on a pool side.

We hope to see soon again.

Kind regards,
Kati Jousimies

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I needed a place to stay in Espoo area and picked Tapiola Garden since the price was acceptable. Parking was free for the first night it was located in a warm carage in front of the hotel. Nice.

Check-in was friendly and effective, we were told about the restaurant opening times since we arrived quite late. Too late to check the sauna department, unfortunately. Left the gear in my room which was clean and spacious - nothing fancy but anyway.

Grill It was a good experience. We had a burger which was served with fries that were bit too salty to my liking. Friendly service and gold beer. Had another one in the lobby bar afterwards. Whole reception /bar area is spacious and somewhat freshly decorated.

Sleep quality was good. Comfy bed and couple of different size pillows to choose fr om.

Breakfast was good quality and served in Grilli It restaurant. That worked well.

I will be travelling to Espoo in the near future. After this experience I am certain that I will book my next stay to Sokos Hotel tapiola Garden too.

I will reserve the fifth star till I get time to see the sauna:-)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reception_Tapiola, Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review!
I am glad to hear that you had such a good time with us.
We hope that you'll come to visit us again and have a possibility to try our Sauna and pool!

Kind Regards,
Marjut Söderlund
Hotel Manager

Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I liked very much this hotel. Breakfast was good and room was clean. salad on restaurant was delicious and other meals looked good too. Parking was very nice warm place which is great in Finland winter. Gym was small. That's all negative aspect that I have on this hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reception_Tapiola, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback!
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and had time to try the restaurant and exercise room. And yes, the new under ground parking hall is great!
We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We enjoyed the new Grill IT restaurant at Tapiolan Garden very much. Food was very good, and service friendly and professional.

For starters I shared their mixed plate with scallops, shrimps and tomato soup with my brother.

For main course I had thad a 150g pepper steak, very good Finnish tenderloin beef. I ordered medium rare and got what I requested.

I would have preferred getting the pepper sauce in a separate cup, but ithe dish was alright this way too.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reception_Tapiola, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback! Grill It! is a new restaurant concept with us so we are all very excited and happy to hear both service and food have been excellent. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you back!

Palvelupäällikkö
020 1234 616

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I wrote a review about this hotel and restaurant June 17, 2013. I have to write a new review since we had a very nice weekend at Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden. The service at reception was very good and friendly. We also had dinner at the new restaurant and I must say that it is a lot better than before. The service is prompt & friendly and food is well prepared. Thumbs up!
The hotel location is good, only a walking distance to Stockmann Espoo and the hotel is located near swimming hall.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Hanna P, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you so much for writing your experience with us.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your stay was even better than last time.
We just relaunched our restaurant as Grill It! and it is fantastic to receive positive feedback.
Our goal is to exceed all of our guest expectations through genuine & personalized service.

We look forward to your next visit with us!

Warm Regards,