“Lovely hotel!”

Original Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Espoo
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stoped here one night on my own to get a little break and rest from a busy family life. The hotel was lovely. The reception staff very helpful and friendly, even at 7am in the morning. The room was modern, clean and comfortable. I had asked for a bath and was very happy to enjoy the provided bubble bath too!

The swimming pool was a little small but no complaints seeing as I had it to myself. I think the sauna has also undergone a refurbishment and was a very nice space and was just what I needed to relax.

I went for a early breakfast and there was plenty of choice and the staff pleasant.

Will certainly return for another break! Well worth every Euro!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Hanna P, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback! It makes me happy to read comments about good service and helpful staff!

In regards to the hotel ,we have had compleat renovation in 2008 so yes happy to hear everything still looks fresh and new!

We wish you happy spring time and hope to see you soon back at Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden!

Reception Service Manager

There are newer reviews for Original Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Nice room, basically all are with balcony, which is good for smokers :). Rooms are ok from a size point of view, good equipped and nice bathrooms. Breakfast is very good. Good selection of finnish and continental food. Only little minor issue is, that soft drinks are cheaper in the mini bar, than at the 24/7 bar at reception.
Sauna is as well to be recommended there. Unfortunately we did not have time to check out the gym.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hanna P, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate the time you took to write your comments.

Always lovely to hear and read great, positive and honest reviews! We hope to see you soon back at Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden!

Reception

Reviewed December 6, 2012

This was my first trip to Finland and while people at my company often stay at another hotel in the area, I got lucky and the other hotel was filled up. I loved staying here. It was a good experience all around. Check-in went smoothly, and my room was exactly what I was expecting. Nothing lavish, but good, welcome comfort.

Internet connection was decent in the room, I never had any issue connecting to it. The bathroom was fine, and had a nice heated floor (I assume it was heated, it sure was toasty!)

The staff was great and helped me out whenever I had a question (busses to Helsinki, taxi's back to the airport, etc.)

Great location to walk over to the bus terminal also.

Breakfast was wonderful with a great variety of foods, all well layed out and with plenty available, even when I had a late morning.

The onsite restaurant was excellent and I really enjoyed the one meal I did get to eat there.

Room Tip: I was in room 443 which was a little close to the elevators, but I didn't hear them at all. I a...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Hanna P, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

It is so true, we are located in a good & beautiful location, easy access to nature, Espoo and Helsinki. There are some great walking routes as well!

I am very happy to hear yet again our staff did their best and service was good. It is also nice to hear your comments about the room, restaurant and breakfast experience. And yes, It is true, we do have heated floors in the bathrooms!

Thank you once again for your great feedback and we hope to see you soon at Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden!

Seasons Greetings,

Reception Service Manager

Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is a hotel which covers all needs and has very friendly staff at the front desk. It may be that people in the early winter, with the very short days, are more focused inwards. However working in a hotel would at least imply you smile sometimes.
The room covers all basic needs without excess comfort. The bathroom is very nice and spacious. During the stay the square in front of the Hotel was renovated and a rough shacking of the Hotel occurred every morning at 7 o'clock. The Hotel includes a Gym and Spa/Sauna area. Connected to the Hotel is the Spanish restaurant Sevilla.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Hanna P, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest feedback! It is lovely to hear compliments of our Front Desk Staff!
Our hotel is stylish, minimalistic scandinavia style but like you mentioned we have all the comfort without excess comfort.

We hope to see you in the future, maybe in summer time so you can experience fantastic nature in Espoo area!

Reception

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed there 30-31.10.2012.
It was a pleasure in all scales, no problems at all. Staff helped me with bus schedules and other things.
During my stay, the hotel staff organize us a James Bond movie night in near movie theatre. One hour before that hotel offered us as a quest tasteful tapas breads and sparkling wine or red/white wine. All this special service was free of charge.
I use this hotel a lot and continue to do so, it is always safe choice.
Thanks once again for super service!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RootterNorth
Hanna P, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and were able to attend our meet-the -management evening. This is one of our many way to show our appreciation for guests choosing to stay with us.

Thank you again for your lovely comments and we hope to see you soon again at Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

The hotel has been very recently refurbished in a contempory style and is chic and stylish. Service was excellant and food at the spanish themed restaurant was very good. The room was clean and comfortable if not luxurious. Free internet access was available on my visit but this may have been a promotion. I stayed on a business trip so I don't know what there is to do locally if you are on a holiday visit. Overall I was very satisfied and will be using the hotel again.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit to us.

Yes, we do have a free wireless internet at the hotel at all times so not just as a promotion.

In regards what to do on your free in Espoo, there is lots to do in Espoo. Espoo is very culturally rich area and Helsinki city centre is only 15 mins away. We have lots of brochures and maps at the reception and we will be happy to assist any inquiries.

We hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Overall this hotel was decent, I'm not familiar with the brand and didn't expect much but walking in it looked very nice and you can tell a lot from the lobby. The staff were just ok,they seemed to be hurrying me away from the desk even though there was no one else around, the rooms were contemporary but a little cramped, the real downer for me was after a long day jumping out of the shower and ALL the towels reeked of cigarette smoke. Either they were not washed or they came out of a smoking room where they were unused, I'd like to think the latter. Either way don't put them in a non smokers room. Other than that my sleep was ok and breakfast was fine.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Hanna P, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest feedback. I appreciate the time and effort you took in writing this feedback.

I am very sorry to hear that you felt being rushed away from Reception. We would like to give all our guests a warm welcome and clearly it did not happen with you so I am very sorry about that.

In regards to the towels, we do not have smoking rooms or smoking area inside the hotel. I do not understand where the smell of smoke got to the towels. I have passed this on to to be investigated by Housekeeping Manager. Please accept my sincere apologies.

I do hope to see you again in the future so that we can prove to you we can do things better.

See you soon!

Service Manager / Reception
020 1234 616

Also consider these accommodations in or near Espoo
GLO Hotel Sello
Kampinmalmi
Solo Sokos Hotel Torni
Solo Sokos Hotel Torni
#14 of 64 in Helsinki

Been to Original Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden? Share your experiences!