“Good clean hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
North Potomac, MD
“Good clean hotel”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights to attend a conference held at the nearby Dipoli. The hotel was clean although some of my colleagues complained about sewer odor coming from the shower drain. The breakfast was well prepared with a good selection of hot and cold foods. There is a track and outdoor tennis courts nearby which you can use. The tennis courts need to be reserved in the evenings but are free and open in the morning. The front desk helped me out with the reservations one time. I asked again and the person at the front desk did not know anything about it. I had dinner once at the hotel and the salmon was very tasty.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Roni R, Act. Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Espoo, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear guest,

Further to your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Espoo, I am in receipt of your feedback which you very kindly took the time to complete online.

Thank you for your compliments on our rooms and breakfast. Our staff works every day very hard to achieve the maximum level of service quality.

I sincerely hope we have an opportunity of welcoming you back to the Bloomsbury Street Hotel sometime in the future.

Act. Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Seattle, United States
Reviewed June 30, 2014

If you need to do Business in Espoo this is a good choice. The hotel is clean the service is excellent. The complimentary breakfast is good the rooms are clean and include a table to work at. The one area they could improve is the Dinner menu, the food is good but they need more choices.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Roni R, Act. Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Espoo, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear Marc,

I appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that the location of the hotel was ideal for you to roam about Espoo.
I am likewise pleased that the room was to your liking.

Concerning the menu in the restaurant, I will pass this comment on to the Restaurant Manager.

I am looking forward to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Clean rooms, quiet location, well connected to Helsinki (taxis and a bus stop 500 m from the Hotel). Breakfast good. Beer in the restaurant without foam, like cider, what was strange for me. I consider taking this hotel when coming again to Helsinki.

Dear guest,

On behalf of the Radisson Blu team, I appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am glad that the accomodation, breakfast and service was all very satisfactory and made your overall stay a highly regarded one.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed for a conference at the nearby Dipoli center. Hotel looks old and industrial from the outside, but inside the rooms are comfortable and modern. The two rooms used by our family each had a long couch by the window that could be made into a twin bed,so that fitting 3 in a room worked. Breakfast includes hot dishes, breads, salads, cereal and yogurt - pretty much everything you might like to eat. The restaurant food is average but staff there and in the reception are extremely helpful and accommodating. They even made my grumpy, jet-lagged son a special request bread, cheese and ham sandwich from the kitchen as a snack when he awoke hungry in the late afternoon. There are lovely trails along the edge of the water starting near the hotel that are popular with bird watchers. Do be aware that this is a pretty sleepy part of town. Restaurants outside the hotel are a 20-30 min walk away.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank HfromMD
Dear guest,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with an overview of your stay.

It is great to know that the location was very accessible to the Dipoli Conference Centre you wished to visit during your time in London, in additon to the rooms and breakfast being highly satisfactory.

I am glad that my colleagues were able to make a nice sandwich for your 'grumpy, jet-lagged' son.

I do hope we shall have the pleasure to host your family again when you are next in Espoo.

São José, Brazil
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Great place near to Espoo University and about 15 minutes from Helsinki city center. Beautiful lake nearby. Cozy bedrooms, clean bathrooms equipped with hairdryer. Excellent and free wifi. Delicious breakfast and a good restaurant. Good service and a friendly staff. Pets allowed.

Dear Karyn,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us.

I am very pleased to read such a positive comment regarding the location, internet and especially about the hotel employees.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu we would like to thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Espoo, Finland
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Very good hotel, warm and wellcoming atmosphere. Every visit is as nice, just enjoyable. Customer service is very good and every staff member does it well. Rooms are nice and clean, and the beds are the best. Only hotel where I sleep all night without waking during the night.

Dear Satu,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.

I am delighted to read that we are your preferred choice of hotel when staying in Espoo.

Your positive comment has made my day!

I do hope we shall have the pleasure to host you again when you are next in Espoo.

Elimäki, Southern Finland, Finland
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was nice, clean and friendly. Breakfast was good, rooms were comfy. But.. I booked hotel for finnish midsummer thinking we can use their sauna facilities as they said in booking confirmation and all their advertising. Unfortunately this was not a case, as we arrived to hotel, receptionist told us that sauna was recerved to private party for that eveing. As I have already paid and it was non refundable deal we had no other choice than stay there without midsummer sauna.
What a disapointment.
However sauna was available next morning from 6 o'clock onwards, and we had lovely sauna before breakfast, althought temperature of poolwater was really cold. Other misleading detail was frequent customer points, with SAS airline, who are their partners,wich we did not get this is strange as airlines internetpages are advertising that you earn point for every night you stay?.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple